SAP Learning Hub News – July 2017 Update
Welcome to the July update of the SAP Learning Hub News, keeping you up do date with the latest developments, achievements of SAP Learning Hub!
Check out the SAP Learning Hub News archive if you have missed previous updates. You can also sign up for our email newsletter here to get the news delivered directly to your inbox. Download the latest content catalogue to get a complete overview of our available courses, content and SAP Learning Rooms. We have quite a lot of content for you again this month:
Presenting SAP® Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support
The award-winning SAP Learning Hub and SAP Enterprise Support Academy programs have joined forces to provide a complete and consistent cloud-based enablement experience. The result is a new edition of SAP Learning Hub, available as a complimentary benefit of SAP Enterprise Support and the cloud editions of SAP Enterprise Support.
SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support focuses on customer success and provides key users, IT experts, and business experts with the level of knowledge they need to run and maximize the value of their SAP software. This new edition complements the overall SAP Learning Hub portfolio. The SAP Learning Hub portfolio includes the professional edition, which also supports IT professionals in building and maintaining their SAP skills, but from an SAP software implementation and configuration perspective.
Click here to sign up and get more information about SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support. For more information on the SAP Learning Hub portfolio, read here.
Introduction of Learning Recommendations
In July we will introduce a pilot for a recommendation tool in the professional edition of SAP Learning Hub. Learners will get personalized recommendations for their next best learning activities based on their learning history.
With such recommendations, we aim to improve the learning experience and reduce the time used to search for suitable training items.
Usage is simple, check the Recommendations tile in the My Learning Content space. From there, learners can easily enroll, assign, or access the recommended learning items or remove them if not of interest. The pilot program will evolve over time based on the feedback we receive from learners.
Launch of SAP Leonardo Internet of Things Learning Room
We are pleased to announce the launch of the new SAP Leonardo Internet of Things (IoT) Learning Room. This room is for a wide range of audiences who need to acquire deep-dive knowledge of SAP Leonardo IoT. This SAP Learning Room offers a great opportunity to collaborate and learn more about topics related to SAP Leonardo IoT.
Don’t hesitate to join this new room in the professional edition of SAP Learning Hub (link available for subscribers to the professional edition and logged in to SAP Learning Hub).
Private Learning Rooms on SAP Learning Hub
Do you have a private cloud version of your SAP Learning Hub edition? Take advantage now of the great benefits it provides.
With the private cloud version, you can gain full access to a customizable training environment where you can use your own learning programs and materials. You can customize your user interface with your own logo and colors, assign curricula, design learning plans, and more.
Most importantly, you can set up and create your own private SAP Learning Room, with your own content, and collaborate with your company’s members about your specific preferred topics.
Companies that have a subscription to the professional, business, or student edition with 100+ subscribers are eligible to a private cloud version of SAP Learning Hub. Take full advantage now of your subscription and customize SAP Learning Hub for your needs and learning style.
SAP Learning Rooms – Live Events
Each month SAP experts prepare several live events for you in SAP Learning Rooms. Here are the upcoming events in July:
- SAP Learning Hub – Navigation Tips and Tricks: Welcome Room, July 6, 10:00 p.m.–11:00 p.m. (CET) or July 20, 7:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m. (CET). Insights and tips on how to navigate efficiently within SAP Learning Hub.
- SAP Live Access Live Session: Welcome Room, July 17, 6:00 p.m.–6:30 p.m. (CET). Our expert will walk you through how to navigate within SAP Learning Hub to find our SAP Live Access offerings to practice hands-on scenarios anytime, anywhere.
- Learning Management System Live Session: SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management HCM Academy Learning Room, July 14, 4:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m. (CET). Delta Session on concepts of training evaluations.
Live Event Series for SAP S/4HANA® Cloud
Enablement live sessions for SAP S/4HANA Cloud are still running in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Implementation Learning Room (link accessible for users logged in to SAP Learning Hub).
The content areas and focus topics include sales, finance, procurement, professional services, and manufacturing. Each focus topic has been broken down into two-hour live sessions spread out over five days, and will be repeated monthly throughout 2017. You have the freedom and flexibility to pick which session days and times work best for your schedule. You might, for example, take Sessions #1 and #2 in July, Sessions #3 and #4 in August, and Session #5 in September.
You have the opportunity to participate in 25 live sessions for each topic of choice repeated seven times in 2017, so in total you can choose from 175 sessions per topic!
In July the following live sessions will be available:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Live Session – Finance (Launch): July 10–14, 2:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. (CET)
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Live Session – Sales: July 17–21, 2:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. (CET)
For more information on dates and programs, visit the SAP Learning Room for Implementation of SAP S/4HANA Cloud (link accessible for users logged in to SAP Learning Hub).
Updated Course Portfolio
We regularly update and retire content in SAP Learning Hub in order to keep the content fresh and to align the content offerings with SAP’s overall product portfolio. Upcoming retirements are announced to learners through a notification text in the relevant course description, together with information about the successor course, if available, and the retirement date. This information is also available in the Learning Content Catalogue.
The last retirement run was completed on June 30, and the relevant course versions are now no longer available in SAP Learning Hub. You can find a list of all content that was retired in the last six months, including the courses that were retired on June 30 in the Learning Content Catalogue.
Learning Content Catalogue Update
Not sure where to find your desired content in SAP Learning Hub? The Learning Content Catalogue provides you with an overview of all SAP Learning Hub content, so you can search for any course easily and efficiently.
To make your search easier, we have added an ID column in the content catalogue for SAP Learning Hub. Look for “02 LH Content – Published.” Using this information, you can now easily search for the exact course version that you are looking for in SAP Learning Hub.
SAP Live Access Updates
In July we introduced several enhanced functionalities in the SAP Live Access portal.
- A new system lifetime concept is now in place. Every newly deployed SAP Live Access training system has a system lifetime that lasts until the contingent validity ends, but not longer than 30 days. This means that a system deployed with a contingent can be in running status and accessible as long as there is consumption time left within the system’s lifetime. The training system is automatically deleted when the contingent’s consumption time or the system lifetime ends. Afterwards, the valid contingent can be reused to deploy another training system for the remainder of its consumption time
- The system access has been improved to become a one-click-access, without any plug-in installation or browser configuration needed.
- The system suspend procedure is simplified.
- Auto-suspend functionality has been added to prevent unintended contingent time consumption.
- Direct links to SAP Live Access courses have been enabled for private cloud versions of SAP Learning Hub.
- The system setup guide is now accessible from within your SAP Live Access training system session.
Enjoy using SAP Live Access and check the General User Guide for more Details.