Thanks to the community comments, I decided to refresh my current content related to the SAP Cloud Platform Predictive Services.
The following existing content is now merged into this with the relevant updates:
- Get your hands “dirty” with the SAP Cloud Platform Predictive Services!
- Get your hands “dirtier” with the SAP Cloud Platform Predictive Services!
As part of the SAP Developer Relations team (I’m no longer part of the Predictive Analytics team), I am very proud to announce the availability of a series of tutorials about the SAP Cloud Platform Predictive Services on the SAP Developer site.
Before getting your hands “real” dirty you can read the following blog by Ashish Morzaria : Announcing “SAP HANA Cloud Platform predictive services”.
And as stated by Ashish, to pursue with our strategy of “enabling predictive analytics everywhere for everyone”, we decided to provide more hands-on content on the topic.
This series of tutorials was built in 3 groups:
- 1 Sign up for a free trial account on SAP Cloud Platform
- 2 Setup your trial SAP HANA MDC instance
- 3 Setup a HANA user account
- 4 Import a series of predictive demo dataset
- 5 Enable, deploy and configure the SAP Cloud for predictive services
- 1 Install a REST client
- 2 Test the “Dataset” service
- 3 Test the “Forecast” service
- 4 Test the “Key Influencer” service
- 5 Test the “Outliers” service
- 1 Configure a SAPUI5 application from the project template
- 2 Implement the “Register Dataset” services
- 3 Manage your registered “Datasets”
- 4 Implement the “Forecast” service synchronous mode
- 5 Implement the “Forecast” service synchronous mode
The first set will guide you through the preparation of your environment, then you will be able to test the services with a REST client and finally build a SAPUI5 application that consume the predictive services.
To cover the use of these services, I have used the following dataset
- Cash Flow
Contains historical cash flow data and date related indicators
- Census (new)
Contains 14 characteristics of an individual extracted from a census dataset associated to an indicator equal to 1 when the individual earned more than fifty thousand dollars the previous year, else 0 (excerpt from the American Census Bureau database, completed in 1994 by Barry Becker, source: http://www.census.gov/)
- E-Commerce (new)
Contains a single day of Web traffic from an E-commerce site in December 1999.
These data sets were extracted from the SAP Predictive Analytics samples provided with the product (You can your trial here).
For those using the SAP Cloud Platform trial edition, you can check the following “how-to” guide to control the load on your HANA MDC instance on SAP Cloud Platform trial edition (they are limited to 6GB of RAM):
This will prevent you from having memory capacity issue which might cause a restart of your HANA instance.
The feedback was either collected via the “Provide Feedback” link available for every tutorial, but also thanks to the first few iterations of SAP CodeJam around the SAP Cloud Platform Predictive Services!
Yes, SAP Cloud Platform Predictive Services is now part of the SAP CodeJam topic as announced here:
These updates were all led by user feedback, your feedback! So, keep providing it!
Have fun and let us know your feedback!
And don’t forget to subscribe to our monthly newsletter and to follow the team for more news