ín this blog I will provide some hints when working with the Excel Template, downloaded from the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit.
The migration template is an Microsoft Excel XML Spreadsheet 2003 that is an XML file and not a normal Excel workbook. It consists of different sheets to specify the data that belongs to different data structures. Some sheets are mandatory, and some are optional.
- Always download and fill the original template of the SAP S/4HANA release you want to upload your data to.
- Use sheet FIELD LIST to gain information which sheets are mandatory.
- The wildcard character (*) indicates that a field is mandatory.
- Maintain all mandatory fields in a mandatory sheet
- Mandatory fields in an optional sheet don´t need to be filled.
- Do not use a template from previous release.
- Never change the structure and don’t make any changes on the format.
- Don’t delete, rename, or reorder any sheet in the XML file.
- Don’t change the cell formatting, don’t use formulas, and don’t hide, remove, or reorder any column in the XML file
- Don’t change data by Find and Replace function. If you change data by Find and Replace you may also accidentally change the field names and corrupt the XML structure.
- Avoid empty lines in the XML.
A modified Migration Template will cause errors when trying to load into the migration cockpit or will cause errors during the data migration process
Formatting issues – Copying values
1. Within a migration template us Paste Option VALUES (V)
2. From somewhere else to the migration template use Past Option PASTE SPECIAL.. and then choose TEXT
3. From Notepad to the migration template use Past Option KEEP TEXT ONLY (T)