#askSAP Community Call Wrap Up: Delivering the Intelligent Enterprise with Machine Learning
Did you know……
By 2019, APIs will be the primary mechanism to connect data, algorithms, and decision services. – IDC¹
Customers, executives, partners, business users, developers, data scientists, and analysts from around the globe would like to leverage machine learning in their applications and business processes. We see a huge proliferation of what are foreseen to be very, very disruptive technologies—some of which are lumped under the umbrella topic of artificial intelligence (AI), connected devices and IOT, and block chain. These technologies enable new forms of intelligence that are emerging very quickly.
To help answer and clarify these technologies from SAP’s perspective, we hosted an informative and interactive webcast on June 15 on machine learning and predictive analytics. The ever energetic technology evangelist Timo Elliott moderated the webcast that featured SAP experts David Judge and Richard Mooney, and Geneva Briner with Accenture, an SAP partner. (You can see the replay now.)
To kick off the call, we took the pulse of attendees on where they positioned themselves when it comes to machine learning. The responses were a good indicator to us that people are gaining knowledge and experience—and that by attending this webcast, they want to learn more.
Helping Companies Become a Digital Business
Our first speaker, David Judge, VP for predictive analytics and machine learning, discussed SAP’s views on machine learning and talked about SAP Leonardo, our new digital system for innovation. The reality is that many companies don’t know where to begin their digital journey or how to be sure they won’t waste money on innovation they can’t implement. David shared how SAP sees this as an opportunity to bring our industry and process expertise together with differentiated software capabilities to help our customers take and complete a digital journey to becoming a scaled digital businesses. It’s not just about innovation.
When attendees were asked in a poll question, “How will machine learning be consumed by business users?” the top responses were:
- 34% : Using Predictive Analytics Automated Mode to build a predictive model to answer the business question
- 62%: In business applications as insights, next best actions, recommendations & scores
What’s the Latest on SAP Leonardo?
Next, Richard Mooney, head of product management for predictive analytics, gave attendees a closer and more detailed look at how SAP Predictive Analytics fits into machine learning and SAP Leonardo. He also shared information on building models and gave a demo on the SAP Predictive Analytics integrator.
The final speaker, Geneva Briner with Accenture, is a senior manager and partner development director for SAP analytics and data. She highlighted the recent announcement of the expansion of the Accenture and SAP collaboration to build breakthrough digital solutions on SAP Leonardo. Also key to her presentation was the introduction to the Accenture Enterprise Predictive Analytics Applications and use cases.
What’s Your Question?
Each segment was followed by an active Q&A session, as attendees were interested to learn more and posed questions to our speakers. You can find the answers to these and other questions asked during the call in the full Q&A on the #askSAP website.
- Will SAP provide standard algorithms for machine learning so that we don’t need to develop algorithms?
- Could you please elaborate on ML and deep-learning algorithms APIs that will be delivered with SAP Leonardo?
- How does the data scientist understand/know the trained model is reliable, accurate? How does one influence or correct a ML model?
- How could we implement “business context” in practice on an SAP Leonardo foundation?
- View the recorded webcast to learn more about SAP’s machine learning strategy, SAP Leonardo, the latest version of SAP Predictive Analytics, and Accenture’s predictive analytics applications.
- Visit the #askSAP page for access to the presentation, full Q&As, past #askSAP Calls, and information on upcoming calls.
- Read our other Thursday series blogs for more on predictive analytics and machine learning topics.
- Read the predictive Forrester Wave report and the predictive analytics TDWI paper.