How to connect Tableau 10.3 to Vora 1.4
How to connect Tableau 10.3 to Vora Thriftserver
Please note that Vora is not yet certified by Tableau and that the instructions below are not officially supported by SAP.
Tableau does not support Kerberos for Spark SQL. You will not be able to connect Tableau to a Kerberized Vora cluster.
- Under the section “Connection” choose “Spark SQL”
- Enter the hostname of where the Vora Thriftserver service is running.The default port is 19123 unless it has been overridden in the Vora-Manager UI..Authenticate with “Username” only and use the username lumira
- You must choose to either
a) Have Tableau automatically run below SQL statement as an Initial SQL upon each reconnect to the serverb) Once per Vora Thriftserver restart, manually run the SQL statement below directly on the Vora Thriftserver prior to connecting with Tableau
- When selecting a schema enter default and submit the entry by clicking on the blue cross icon
- In order for Vora tables to be visible in Tableau, they must first be registered in the Vora Thriftserver. To do this run the REGISTER TABLE commands directly on Vora Thriftserver, for example using beeline or Vora Tools.For correct syntax please refer to section 1.2 Registering Tables in the official SAP HANA Vora Developer Guide
- To search and view a list of available tables in Tableau click on the magnifying glass icon