I was recently in the situation that I have a complex OData model I needed to discuss with customers. Going through the metadata document requires a lot of brain power. The previous solution from XOData does not seem to work anymore.
So, I found a brilliant blog from Denise. I modified some steps and with the following steps you can view any Metadata document inside the SAP Web IDE.
- open your web IDE in the SAP Cloud Platform Cockpit
- create a new Project from Template
- Use the List Report Application and click on Next
- Add a project Name and Title and click Next
- Click on Filesystem and add your metadata.xml and click Next
- Click Next on the Annotation Selection
- Select a OData Collection for the List
- Click on Finish
- now open your project and navigate to Webapp->localService folder and double click on the metadata.xml
- switch the view in the bottom left corner from Source to Design
- The Result should be your OData model :