On the 17th of June, we’ve combined a SAP Inside Track and CodeJam in Brussels! Before the noon we started with breakfast (of course) and very interesting session about some high-tech stuff in SAP 🙂 . In the afternoon we had a great CodeJam where we learned all the secrets of the SAP Cloud Platform!
Over the full day we had around 25 participants. Some only came before noon, others in the afternoon, but most stayed whole day 🙂 . Most of the participants were SAP partners but there were also students. Very happy to see the motivation and enthusiasm of the next generation!
SAP Inside Track
We had three sessions during the SAP Inside Track:
- Connecting Amazon Dot to SuccessFactors by Tom Rottiers
- Tom could read his todo list from SuccessFactors by using Alexa. He only has to fix the security issues but the concept is working.
- Presentation: https://1drv.ms/p/s!Anehw3YLhShBhEUHhwkdUtszfLfx
- UI5 Custom Controls and how to generate it by myself
- Explained how to create a custom control in UI5 and showed a solution to generate it in a few seconds.
- Presentation: https://1drv.ms/b/s!Anehw3YLhShBhEki23pqN9rYf2fm
- Project JANE: Creating a Sales Order with Alexa using SOAP and api.ai by Maxime Walravens & Illya Kuys
- JANE is the project of these students where they use Alexa to create orders in the SAP Backend. They even used SOAP for fun and make it even a bigger challenge! You can read all about it on http://dtprojecten.ehb.be/jane/ (for the moment only in Dutch)
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHfeV4-F1qQ
All pictures are online: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mgillet/sets/72157685581673876
Tom Rottiers in action!
Me, explaining UI5 Controls
Very enthusiastic students from Erasmus High school Brussels (EHB)
SAP CodeJam about SAP Cloud Platform
First of all a big thanks to Samuel Lescot for leading this SAP CodeJam on a Saterday! He started with a global overview of the SAP Cloud Platform. After that we all started with creating a Mobile Web App with the SAP Web IDE using SAPUI5. That was just a warmup! Samuel also prepared a second exercise about creating Java apps in the Cloud Platform, then it became serious 🙂
We all saw some cool stuff with Alexa and also learned a lot from the hands-on exercises in the CodeJam.
A big thanks to the sponsors
SAP Belgium for the offices!
SAP and Samuel for the CodeJam
SAPPRESS for the discount and E-books!