SAP Commercial Project Management 2.0 for S/4HANA – What’s new?
SAP Commercial Project Management 2.0 for S/4HANA is available since Nov 2016. SAP has been delivering constant stream of improvements and innovations on this release since then. This blog provides highlights.
SAP Fiori user experience (UX) as the entry point for SAP Commercial Project Management for SAP S/4HANA
- Ability for project managers to reach their work environments (in SAP Commercial Project Management for SAP S/4HANA) through SAP Fiori launchpad with embedded searches, worklists, workflows, and forward navigation to web dynpro environment that reflects the SAP Fiori Ux.
- New SAP Fiori app – Overview of Commercial Projects as an entry point for cross-project overviews in SAP Commercial Project Management for SAP S/4HANA – bringing most-important project information and KPIs together in one configurable list
- New single-project object page that brings rich data visualization and embedded analytics
Comprehensive coverage of analytics in SAP Commercial Project Management for SAP S/4HANA with core data services technology of SAP HANA software
- Enabling reporting and analytics within SAP S/4HANA software systems using various client tools such as design studio, analysis office, and query designer
Project Financial Planning
- Simplified planning approach that directly uses material masters, activity type lists, cost elements, and employees from SAP S/4HANA, thus eliminating the need to plan info objects using enhanced planning technology – the planning applications kit for SAP HANA
- Faster processing of planning functions and sequences using the planning applications kit for SAP HANA
- Enhancements to mass forecasting covering additional forecasting scenarios
- Capability to schedule and transfer several project plans and forecasts at once to financials during the month-end process
- SAP Fiori app Commercial Projects – Procurement Overview – provides a holistic view for procurement of materials, services, and subcontracts with quick access to view and expedite shipments, deliveries, and payment schedules in coordination with the scheduled project workflow
- SAP Fiori app Commercial Projects – Billing and Receivables Overview – delivers project billing due dates, pending invoices, and payment histories for one or more projects with quick access to related financial documents – enabling timely billing and invoices for the services delivered
- Enhancements to the single project overview – provide insightful information on project procurement, project billing and receivables, and project activities
Highlights of FP02 (SP02)
- Simpler and faster installation : Reworked administrator’s guide with reduced steps (refer to http://help.sap.com -> search “commercial project management” > select appropriate product > select appropriate product version > administrator’s guide )
- Built-in reference configurations reduce the startup time building demos, configurations during implementation projects. (Refer to section 5.3.1, step 12 within administrator’s guide)