We are happy to announce the release of SAP BusinessObjects Financial Consolidation 10.1 SP05 on June 15, 2017, after a successful SAP Beta Testing where customers reviewed the software ahead of time and provided feedback for future releases.
Release 10.1 SP05 delivers on the key new following features:
- Direct connection to SAP S/4HANA Finance.
- Enhanced SAP Fiori HTML5 web UI.
- Cube Designer including matrix consolidation in SSAS.
- Enlarged platform support.
Direct connection to SAP S/4HANA Finance
S/4HANA is our next-generation business suite, an intelligent ERP designed specifically for in-memory computing. Part of this new ERP suite, S/4HANA Finance provides a scalable and open architecture optimized for in-memory databases to help you simplify and accelerate your financial operations.
Release 10.1 SP05 directly connects to S/4HANA Finance and loads ERP finance data into your data entry packages on-the-fly.
- To map S/4HANA Finance and Financial Consolidation dimensions, you can use our native Data Link feature.
- We have enhanced Data Link so that the feature can access HANA calculation views as a data source.
- From a technical standpoint, SP05 allows you to pull data out of the S/4HANA Finance universal table (ACDOCA) which contains all the line item documents from FI, FI-AA, CO and to prepare it automatically for input packages via a calculation view.
- Creating the Data Link definition is straightforward: connect to S/4HANA Finance from Financial Consolidation, and define your mapping between ERP and consolidation dimensions. When you save your Data Link definition, the associated HANA User Defined Function (a UDF is an in-memory data processing object) is automatically created in S/4HANA.
On-the-fly data transformation
- Data transformation is performed on-the-fly via HANA calculation views.
- As we take full advantage of HANA, there’s no need for any intermediary data storage to transform data, resulting in high performance upload.
- The “S4H_YTD” HANA calculation view delivered with SP05 extracts, aggregates and prepares S/4HANA data for packages (see below).
- As a business end-user, you can import S/4HANA Finance into one or several packages using the multi-package import feature of our HTML5 web UI.
- Just open the Package Import tile, connect to your “S/4HANA” data source, select the packages you would like to pre-load with ERP data and click on import: the transformation process is performed on-the-fly.
- You can then benefit from all the audit capabilities of our package import feature.
- A new user right is available in the user’s profile: “Import data from S/4HANA into a package”.
Enhanced HTML5 web UI
Release 10.1 SP05 enhances our Fiori HTML5 web UI for an even more user-friendly experience, and also delivers on key new features.
- Use a new “+” button or right click on any cell to easily insert members in package schedules
- Import data from a package, including “package to package” import
- When you import data from another package, the package list is intelligently filtered with the packages that have the same currency as yours
- For multi-period import, the mapping between periods is only displayed when it’s relevant
- The post-import options, such as run package rules or run controls, are only proposed if they are relevant for your package
- Enhanced Print
- “Print package” feature now directly accessible from the page header and now always displays the same content and you can print your entire package
- Contextual “Print” function available in the associated tab when you want to print the schedule you are working on, print controls from “controls” tab or print a selection of schedules from the schedules tab.
- When you use the “Find” feature of a schedule/report, the focus is now on the first cell
- “Search” function now available in the multi-sheet dialog box
- “Value to be selected” dialog box has been made bigger for better readability
- “Reset to zero” is now at the bottom of the “More” section, it’s safer
- “Journal Entry Status” column is now sortable and searchable in the packages list
- New “Scopes” tile available in your HTML5 web homepage
- Scope list displays the reporting scopes:
- You can filter the list on Scope, Period, Version and Locking in the retractable page header; your choices are persistent per user
- You can sort and search the list on 18 columns including Opening Scope, Original Portfolio or Control Threshold
- The “RU Hierarchy” and “Secondary RU Hierarchy” columns provide more detail in HTML5 compared to the Legacy web or Windows clients
- From the list, you can create, duplicate or delete reporting scopes
- The scope editor displays 2 tabs, “Settings” and “RU (reporting unit) Flat View”
- You can define your new scope settings (i.e. Identifiers, Reporting Units, Opening Scope, Initialization from Portfolio, Consolidation rate and method and Security) with embedded controls to guide you in your definition
- All your scope’s settings are displayed in a single tab through sections than you can collapse or expand
- The RU Flat View is displayed as a grid:
- The RU properties are directly updated in the grid: what you see is what you update
- In addition, you clearly see the RU properties that can / cannot be updated in the grid
- You can sort and search your RU Flat View on 33 columns, such as Reporting Unit, Opening and Closing scope status and % or Variations
- The column naming is more explicit and consistent (e.g. all the opening values starts with Op., closing values with Clos., rates end with %)
- In the HTML5 web UI, the “RU Filter” impacts the RU Flat View in real-time (in the other clients you had to click on “Apply RU Filter”)
- You can now create, update and delete consolidations from our HTML5 web UI
- All consolidation settings (such as its identifiers, properties or opening balance consolidation) are selected within a single screen, whereas in the legacy web and Windows clients you had to use multiple screens
- Unique to our HTML5 web UI, choosing a scope is mandatory to avoid running a consolidation which would fail
- Also, unique to our HTML5 web UI, you can now run a consolidation directly from the editor
- Performance is optimized for the manual journal entry editor
Matrix consolidation in SSAS
In release 10.1 SP05, our Cube Designer feature has been enhanced: you can now define eliminations and consolidations in with two rollup hierarchies, resulting in the ability to use matrix consolidation in Microsoft SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) cubes.
Enlarged IT platform support
Release 10.1 SP05 now provides support for the following platforms:
• SAP HANA SPS12
• Windows Server 2016
• SQL Server 2016 including SSAS 2016
More information on 10.1 SP05
• Download https://support.sap.com/swdc
• Installation procedure http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2186804
• Product enhancements http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2467805
• Release notes http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2406925
• Limitations and known issues http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2188698
• Product documentation and user guides http://help.sap.com/bofincon101