The best Rating and Charging platform on the market just got even better with the release of SAP Hybris Billing, charging 5.0 (aka SAP Convergent Charging 5.0)!
The SAP Hybris Billing solution gives customers the power to configure subscription and usage based products, and work more profitably in a complex partner ecosystem, reselling their products and services and sharing revenue accordingly. Customers are also able to accurately anticipate the effect of new pricing models and create targeted offers that combine both products and services. The solution is capable of managing the Order-to-Cash process for high-volume service providers with millions of subscribers, who generate billions of transactions per day – all in real-time.
Charging 5.0 represents the culmination of several years’ worth of groundbreaking development in Charging performance, flexibility, and reliability after having worked with some of the largest service providers in High-tech, Telecommunications, Media, and Transportation. We are now happy to announce that these capabilities have been made available to all of our customers worldwide.
Charging 5.0 brings with it key enhancements in Price Plan Modelling, User Experience, and Platform Robustness. It also comes bundled with all the great enhancements that were released across the life of Charging 4.0 and 4.1, with an easy to follow upgrade process.
Price Plan Modelling Enhancements
- Mapping tables. With Charging 5.0, the Core tool has been enhanced to facilitate the manipulation of large tables up to approximately 1M rows. It is now also possible to:
- Browse the rows of the mapping table page by page
- Search for rows in the mapping table that meet many criteria
- Export the mapping table in a csv format. The entire table or a subset based on defined criteria.
- Shared Allowances (cross Subscriber Account). Prior to 5.0 it was possible to share monetary or non-monetary credits within the scope of the provider contract or at the Subscriber Account level, via a root contract. With Charging 5.0, the shared allowances we now a new way to share credits; across subscriber accounts. This extends the flexibility to design more complex sharing model across subscribers taking benefits of the well-known allowance concept. For example, it offers new possibilities to manage large credit sharing for B2B or Closed User Groups (CUG).
- Convergent Charging Cockpit. With Charging 5.0 a new Fiori application has been introduced which is dedicated to the system administrator. This application can substitute the admin+ command line utility to manage the system parameters quickly and efficiently using modern design principles of the new user experience (UX) for SAP software.
- System Copy Procedure. A much requested feature. The installation guide now provides a new procedure that you can use as guidelines to copy a Core Server system from one landscape to another.
- Smart Cache Warm-up. Charging 5.0 introduces a new warmup algorithm that controls the way data are freed from the cache and reloaded from the database during a planned restart in a smarter way. In addition, we also make sure that charging requests depending needing data which is not yet in memory are isolated and will not impact the entire rating process.
- Counter Snapshots.With Charging 5.0, the counter snapshot storage was extended to support larger contract with even more counters. It is now also possible to definitely deactivate the counter snapshot recording, and save system and DB resources when the recharging capabilities are not needed on the system.
For more information
- Browse the SAP Help portal
- See Release notes
- See Upgrade guide
- Download the product briefs from the SAP Hybris Website
About Hybris Billing: SAP Hybris Billing is a key part of the SAP Hybris Revenue Solutions portfolio. Hybris Billing is ideal for large global enterprises across many different industries that need a solution to manage subscription and usage-based businesses across multiple product lines, with complex billing requirements, and very high transaction volumes. It is available for on-premise or private cloud deployment models. It is complemented by SAP Hybris Revenue Cloud, SAP’s micro-services-based public cloud billing solution, designed for new digital lines of business, and also to work with Hybris Billing, and other SAP solutions.