SAP GUI for Windows 7.50
The new SAP GUI for Windows 7.50 comes with several enhancements:
“Fiori Visual Theme” theme for SAP S/4HANA
SAP has completely redefined the look and feel of classical applications being part of the official role delivered with SAP S/4HANA. Our goal was to align the UIs of classic back-end applications with the UIs for Fiori apps. We wanted users to experience “One Look” across SAP S/4HANA, and make the transition between classic and Fiori apps as smooth as possible. Therefore, we adopted the visual and conceptual patterns for the classic apps to bring them as close as we can to the design for Fiori.
- The entire set of about 1300 icons has been re-designed. They now come in a flat, scalable design in a monochrome color – matching the FIORI design guidelines.
- A new color theme with a clear concentration on the content with reduction of unnecessary visual features helps the user to seamlessly experience SAP GUI.
- The new structuring of the screen with a header and footer will help users find it easier to distinguish between different types of actions if they appear on designated areas of the screen.
- We increased the screen metric to have more white space between the lines helping the users not being distracted by other visual elements.
This theme is activated against all S/4HANA 1610 Feature Package Stack 02 and newer releases.
Improvements related to Blue Crystal Theme
- Blue Crystal design is the new default theme – except for S/4HANA 1610 Feature Package Stack 02 and newer releases in which Fiori Visual Theme is default
- Blue Crystal color themes can be set per system and client like already known from Signature Design. This features helps to differentiate for example a development system from a productive system.
SAP Screen Personas 3.0 (SAP GUI for Windows):
Productive support for a limited feature set – see SAP Note 2080071 – “SAP GUI for Windows: Support for SAP Screen Personas 3.0”
SAP UI Landscape format is default (SAP GUI for Windows & SAP Business Client together):
SAP UI Landscape was introduced in SAP Business Client 6.0 / SAP GUI for Windows 7.40 and became a proven and stable format. Therefore it is now enabled by default for all scenarios.
New Desktop Icons
We created new Desktop icons which reflect the design language for SAP Fiori:
|SAP GUI Logon||SAP GUI Shortcut||SAP GUI Session||SAP GUI Configuration|
Relevant SAP Notes
SAP Business Client 6.5
SAP Business Client is a user interface client that presents a single entry point to different SAP business applications and technologies. It is a high-fidelity shell for the Microsoft Windows platform aimed at a more efficient, intuitive, and complete user experience over different UI technologies, such as Web Dynpro ABAP/FPM, SAP GUI transactions, and SAP Fiori apps.
Offering different connection types, the SAP Business Client supports the following set-ups:
- System connection type Fiori Launchpad
The SAP Business Client acts as a Windows-based desktop browser for the SAP Fiori launchpad with the ability to launch classic Dynpro applications (SAP GUI transactions) using an embedded SAP GUI for Windows.
- System connection type SAP Business Client
The SAP Business Client provides role-based access to applications in an ABAP back end system using PFCG roles which centrally hold SAP GUI, Web Dynpro, SAP Fiori, and various Web content applications.
- System connection type SAP Logon
The SAP Business Client embeds pure SAP GUI system connections, allowing you to connect to any SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP release. However, no usability enhancements such as role-based navigation or search are available.
SAP Business Client 6.5 is fully downward-compatible with SAP Business Client 6.0 and SAP NetWeaver Business Client 5.0. This new version includes the following features:
- Visual theme SAP Belize
SAP Business Client 6.5 runs in the new visual theme, SAP Belize, providing visual integration with the next generation of SAP Fiori launchpad and SAP Fiori visual theme for classic applications such as Web Dynpro ABAP and Floorplan Manager, and SAP GUI for Windows.
- Enhanced browser integration
Backend system requirements are described in the documentation, chapter “Business Client Versions”, on SAP Help Portal.
When using SAP GUI for Windows within SAP Business Client 6.5, SAP GUI for Windows 7.50 is required.
Relevant SAP Notes
The SAP Business Client roadmap is published amongst the SAP Road Maps (Platform & Technology à Products à ‘Technology Platform’ group) as part of the “SAP User Interface Technologies” roadmap, section “UI Client & Integration Topics”. You can also find planned and published innovations using the SAP Innovation Discovery service (Technology –> Application Platform and Infrastructure, product “Technology Platform”).