Note: Based on some of your feedback, we will aim to publish a few business days earlier for each release (which of course depends on when the upgrades are available). With this earlier publishing date, however, we have included a new disclaimer** below. Also, please be aware that the Help Center documentation will only be updated at around the same time as the upgrade, so it may not reflect what is described below until after the upgrade is complete.
SAP Analytics Cloud agent version required for data acquisition with release 2017.11:
- Version 1.0.59 for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- Version 1.0.57 for SAP ERP / SQL databases
- Version 1.0.51 for all other data source types
- Note: Although it is not required, you can upgrade to the new agent version 1.0.61, no matter what data acquisition type you use. Do this to take advantage of updates made to SAP Analytics Cloud agent.
For more information, see System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.
Highlights of this release:
- Data import: Improved column to model automatic mapping
- Create a tree map with multiple nested dimensions
- New syntax for the CAGR and SMA formulas
- Improved functionality for clearing model data
- Copy and paste between versions in a table with multiple currency conversions
- Multiple forms on input task summary pages
- New event filters
- New styling panel with a preview
- Allocation process now supports large models
- Value Driver Trees: Identify calculation dependencies for data source nodes
- Viewing events now appear in the Security > Activities log
Our next #askSAP Analytics Community Call will be on June 15!
The topic is “Delivering the Intelligent Enterprise with Machine Learning” – register here.
Learn with our latest video tutorials
- Align the axes of different charts
- Create a connection and import a model from a SQL database
- Use Smart Discovery and Smart Insights in a story
- Full tutorial playlist >
When importing data into an existing model, the wrangling feature in SAP Analytics Cloud is designed to save you the time and effort of mapping columns to the dimensions of the target model by automatically doing it for you.
Previously, however, mapping was only based on the data value in the column. We’ve now improved on the accuracy of the auto-mapping, by also taking into consideration the column header information. Enhancements also include auto-mapping properties as well as description and hierarchy columns.
Create a tree map with multiple nested dimensions
Tree maps are a great way to see and compare the distribution between several groups or sets of data. We made them even more powerful as a comparison tool, with the option for you to now bind multiple dimensions to your tree maps.
When you select multiple dimensions for a tree map, the one at the top of the dimensions list represents the grouping at the top level, and the dimensions that follow represent the children nested within each group. In the example shown below, we started with the Location as the top-level group. And within each group, we added Sales Manager as the child dimension.
- Please note that drilling and interactions are possible for tree maps with multiple nested dimensions except at the group level.
- Learn how to select the best chart type for your analysis
New syntax for the CAGR and SMA formulas
The syntax has been changed for the Compound Average Growth Rate (CAGR) and Simple Moving Average (SMA) formulas.
- The new formula parser will replace the existing CAGR and SMA formulas.
- Learn more about formulas in SAP Analytics Cloud
Improved functionality for clearing model data
The functionality for deleting facts (clearing model data) is improved. Alternate hierarchies and account dimensions are also now supported.
- When using restricted measures with an SAP BW model, you can now select a hierarchy for your measure.
Copy and paste between versions in a table with multiple currency conversions
In a table with multiple currency conversions, you can now copy and paste cells with their source distribution from one version to another. This includes copying and pasting from private version to private version, and from public version to private version. You can also copy and paste between local/fixed currency measures.
Input tasks are useful for gathering feedback or additional information from your colleagues. When they are finished entering the data you requested, they can return it back to you for approval. Notifications are of course a built-in feature to help everyone stay on top of tasks.
In this release, for added productivity you can now manage multiple forms for input tasks on the same summary page.
You can now use filtering for your Events, to help you focus on specific types of events on the Calendar or Gantt view. The filter button in the toolbar toggles the visibility of the filter bar where you can filter events by Type, Role and Category.
We’ve replaced the original dialog for creating and editing styles with a new panel that also conveniently gives you a preview of your style as you make your selections.
We’ve improved the performance for managing allocation processes with models that have a large number of dimension members (i.e. >8500 account dimension members or >15000 org dimension members), and when adding rules to an allocation step via the “Create Allocation Rule” dialog.
As you’ll notice in the screenshot below, one of the improvements that will enable you to work with huge numbers of dimension members is a handy new Search feature to help you find specific items.
As you know, value driver trees are a powerful tool for budgeting, forecasting based on different scenarios, and exploring the relationship between drivers. In this release, we’ve enhanced the Calculation tab for value driver trees to help you visualize dependencies for simple calculation nodes as well as dependencies for non-consumed data source nodes.
Viewing events now appear in the Security > Activities log
In this release, more information is available in the Activities log, within the Security area of the application. READ actions now appear in the log whenever users open objects including:
- Stories and agendas
- Value driver trees
READ actions are also logged for referenced objects, for example:
- Stories referenced by an agenda
- Models referenced by charts
- Models and dimensions referenced by value driver trees
- Video tutorials
- Events and recordings
- SAP BusinessObjects help resources
- Official roadmap contains more info on future plans, subject to change.
Previous feature summary blogs:
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud release 2017.10
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud release 2017.09
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud release 2017.08
- More >
*SAP Analytics Cloud was previously known as SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
SAP has no obligation to pursue any course of business outlined in this blog or any related presentation, or to develop or release any functionality mentioned therein. This blog, or any related presentation and SAP’s possible future developments, products and or platforms directions and functionality are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice. The information in this blog is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality. This blog is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This blog is for informational purposes and may not be incorporated into a contract. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document, except if such damages were caused by SAP’s willful misconduct or gross negligence.
All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.