I am a big fan of TED and TED Conferences. I listen to TED talks quite frequently and I find them inspirational. TED is a nonprofit, devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged and today covers almost all topics. The agenda of TED and their events is to “make great ideas accessible and sharable”.
This month, from June 13 to 21, the Americas’ SAP Users Group (ASUG) is pleased to be rolling out in a “TED Like” style, five one-day events across North America branded as an “Enterprise Asset Management Inspiration Roadshow – Rethink, Reimagine and Refresh”.
We are doing something similar to TEDx Events for Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) in that most of our “TED Like” talks will be around 20 minutes and accessible and shareable. These talks are designed to help you move to action and plug into our vibrant ASUG EAM Community.
To enable you to not just survive but thrive in today’s world, ASUG is working with our ASUG EAM Special Interest Group, SAP, leading SAP EAM Ecosystem Partners and Eventful Conferences. Together, we have pulled together a great lineup of sessions featuring EAM experts in our roadshow.
Our EAM experts want to inspire you to improve the ROI from your existing SAP EAM investments and help you learn and understand how you can take these investments to new levels. They will also share new solutions for new business value.
We have opened up registration for this roadshow to ASUG members and nonmembers in these five cities:
Our featured keynote speaker is Dr. Achim Krüger, SAP Vice-President of Line of Business Asset Management. Achim is based in Germany and is flying in to participate in sessions at all five cities.
Achim will kick off each day and inspire us to rethink, reimagine and refresh asset management. He will share:
- exciting opportunities moving from just maintenance execution to holistic asset management
- new technologies and blending business IT with OT data
- new business processes (like predictive maintenance)
- new business models (like asset-as-a-service)
- efficiency that can be gained in new work environments (e.g. moving from transaction to exception).
Following Achim’s keynote, we have an action packed lineup of sessions from our EAM experts covering the following topics:
- SAP Leonardo – Innovate with Connected Assets
- Enterprise Asset Management – The Big Picture
- The Digitization of Asset Management and Future Market Insights
- Asset Management Think Tank – Learn, Network, and Share
- Customer’s Stories
- Nuggets of Gold: New Enhancements in SAP EAM That You Can Implement Today
- IoT for EAM: An Incremental Approach
- Who ‘Owns’ the Asset Master Data In Today’s Asset Intensive Industries?
- Digitize and Accelerate Plant Maintenance Operations with Content-Enabled MDG
- Act on Insights Spatially-Enabled SAP EAM – SAP Geographical Enablement Framework
- Simplifying the User Experience
- Planning and Scheduling is More Than Changing Dates and a Pretty Graph
- EAM Open Forum – Get Your Questions Answered
During each of these days you and your peers will have the opportunity to come together for not just these sessions but also for interactive discussion on the biggest challenges, trends and opportunities facing asset management.
And, as an added bonus, Eventful Conferences is giving away one free pass in each city for next year’s SAP EAM Centric Conference 2018 in Austin, Texas.
I have my plane tickets booked for Philadelphia, Toronto, Houston, Chicago and then I head back to my home town of Calgary for the last city on this whirlwind roadshow tour. I am looking forward to this shared learning experience, catching up with old friends and making new ones in our ASUG EAM Community.
With the rapid advancements in technology in our world today – it’s time to take a day and step out to rethink, reimagine and refresh strategy and tactics in the area of EAM. It’s time to reflect on what you are doing and how you’re approaching this critical aspect in your organization.
Special thanks to all of our partners in helping us to pull together and sponsor this roadshow: SAP, Vesta, Viziya, XMPRO, Utopia, Opentext and Eventful Conferences.
Register today to join us at one of our roadshow locations to discover opportunities and pick up tips and tricks to empower your own asset management initiatives.