Extensibility highlights of S/4HANA Cloud 1705
The SAP S/4HANA extensibility concept supports your business to adapt the standard processes with easy to use extensibility apps in a flexible and fast way.
With this you
- define and add fields to Fiori screens,
- use business logic in ABAP to add your own custom coding in predefined exits
- add fields to your own printing forms.
- use additional info and define your own custom CDS views to run own custom queries or run own custom oDATA services to communicate with your SAP Cloud Platform
- develop your own business objects in ABAP
All capabilities of the so called “in app extensibility” needs the enablement of the related business context.
In the quarterly releases of S/4HANA Cloud the extensibility offerings became much broader.
With the newest upgrade to 1705 the Finance functionality is in focus.
Extend assets master data, Journal entries or coding block according to your business needs.
Use the various enhancement options for the finance business contexts to change content based on custom adapted APIs or only validate maintained values.
This video on youtube explains how flexible and easy you can adapt the standard master data for fixed assets: