Custom Material/Cost center movement App: Part 1
In this blog series, I will discuss two custom cost centre movement apps that we developed. Reasons behind developing custom apps rather than modifying/extending existing apps were following
- Standard app processes only one material per document.
- Scan and count functionality required on mobile devices.
- Error document handling.
- Number of extra features requested by business, which I will detail out in next section
Custom Requirements (gaps)
- Integrate third party Scanner to scan products in.
- Scan and count
- Add GL, CC and comments fields
- Concatenate and save above mentioned fields to line item level
- Show a vendor dropdown based on sales org user is assigned to.
- Pass a variable to create movement document for use as MSEGK-LIFNR
- Configure a Z161 movement type
- Map Z161 to 161 when creating a goods movement document for return PO
- Multiple items selection possible in a document when adjusting
- Print a packing list without output determination
- For browser use, Bar code search optimization if a barcode is entered using handheld scanner.
- For browser use, if a barcode is entered using handheld scanner, automatically increase the count if item is already in the list.
- Navigation buttons for errored documents
- Confirm submission with pop up message “Document will be submitted”. Give option to cancel/submit
- On deleting draft document, show pop up message “Do you really want to delete the slip”. Give option to cancel/delete.
- Cost centre (text), GL a/c (text) and Comments to be concatenated and passed on to text fields in document.
- Pop-up, if all the boxes are NOT populated.
- Search by date, comment and document # required
- Materials from different product categories must be in different documents.
Process Flow for first app
Step 1: Create a material movement document by clicking on the “+” sign
Step 2: Enter required details
Step 3: Scan or enter materials
Mobile view before submission.
Step 4: Submit with option to reprint if the packing list does not print immediately.
Browser view after submission
Step 5: Other options available
If in draft status: Add items, submit or delete
If in error status:
Add items or resubmit or look at errors or Delete the existing documents.
In the next blog in this series, I will discuss the other material movement app and some of the noteworthy custom features we developed.