Call for proposals is now open!
Become a SAP Community Speaker!
Join SAP TechEd Barcelona (Spain) November 14 – 16, 2017.
Last year my Call for (community-) Speakers for SAP TechEd Barcelona was inspired by Freddie Mercury and Montserrat Caballé: “Barcelona – Such a beautiful horizon, Barcelona – Like a jewel in the sun” and once you lay your eyes on the beauty of the Mediterranean, you’ll be singing right along with them.
This year I fell in love with Ed Sheeran’s song “Barcelona” –This song makes me wanna go to Barcelona.
You too? Would you like to join SAP TechEd Barcelona and sing along with all of us? No Problem!
After the great success of the community sessions last year, we have again 10 sessions available to members of the SAP community. This is YOUR chance to make SAP TechEd 2017 a powerful combination of meaningful content, networking, and fun.
Sounds great, right?
The SAP Mentors Program is driving this initiative and we would love to see your session suggestion by no later than June 16, for consideration by our committee (of SAP Mentors) and track leads. Share the essence of what you are doing with SAP technology that is new, special, unique or different. Tell about best practices and experiences around technical implementation. Explain others how they can achieve fantastic outcome! Speak about topics that go beyond the “standard” SAP TechEd topics!
Approved speakers receive:
- Complimentary lecture-only conference registration
- SAP TechEd does not reimburse for speaker’s time, travel or hotel.
- Registration Excludes access to: hands-on sessions and pre-conference sessions. Both can be added to your registration for an additional fee.
submission deadline (16th of June) is quickly approaching.
- Submissions are due by June 16.
- All submissions will be vetted by our steering committee and SAP TechEd Track leads, with final selections made in End of June.
- You must:
- NOT be an SAP Employee. These tickets are reserved for opportunities for the external SAP community
- Be an active contributor to the SAP community, as evidenced by your participation here on the SAP Community Network
- Be able to demonstrate to us in your submission why your content deserves to be heard – above all the other submissions
- Be willing to tell us something we’ve never heard before
- Be experienced, knowledgeable, and possess excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in English
- Meet all deadlines including submitting your presentation on time
- Be available to present during the entire conference
- Be able to fund your travel and expenses to TechEd. We’ll take care of the coveted ticket
SAP TechEd 2017 – What kind of content is to be developed?
Technical Know-How and education at its best!
The questions to always ask from SAP TechEd content perspective:
- What is the key technical challenge of a particular session and how to solve it from a technical perspective?
- Which technical job profiles will be addressed in the session?
- What are the key takeaways for the desired job profiles
- No marketing, pure value prop session and/or even sales pitches!
- Community Sessions should distinguish from the “standard” SAP TechEd Sessions, as they go beyond the strategic tracks and hot topics (listed below). Choose topics that are relevant to and valued by the community and try attract the passionate and large audience because this is a special topic that is not addressed in the “standard” SAP TechEd track.
2017 Main Themes and Subthemes (TBD /subject to Change / more Information will follow)
•ABAP Platform and Extensibility
•Cloud Architecture and Data Model
•Security and Compliance
•Cloud and Hybrid Landscape Management
SAP HANA and Big Data
•Database and Data Management
•Data Modeling and Processing
•Development with SAP HANA
•End-to-end Hybrid Analytics
•Smart Data Discovery
•Planning Budgeting, and Consolidation
•Advanced Analytics and Predictive
•Next-Generation Data Warehousing
User Experience and Design
•Design and Design Thinking
•SAP Fiori and Conversational UX
•UX Tools and Technologies
SAP Cloud Platform
•Cloud Platform Development, XSA
•SAP Leonardo (IoT)
•SAP Clea (Machine Learning)
Summary & Resources:
- Submit ASAP your session: https://tinyurl.com/TE17Comm
- SAP Mentors Homepage on SAP Community
- 2016 SAP Community sessions
- 2017 SAP Community sessions
- SAP TechEd Global Website
- SAP TechEd Las Vegas Website
- SAP TechEd Barcelona Website
- SAP TechEd Bangalore Website
- SAP TechEd Online – Video Replays
- SCN | Twitter (#SAPTechEd) | Facebook | LinkedIn
- SAP TechEd 2016 Photo Gallery |
- For any questions about your submission, please comment below
Looking forward to see and hear you at SAP TechEd Barcelona 2017!
Katarina Fischer (SAP Mentors Program Manager)
PS: SAP SAP TechEd Las Vegas Call for Proposals is now CLOSED. Our committee will publish soon the selection of community sessions. The call for content above is for TechEd Barcelona only!