SAP Lumira 2.0 Interoperability: Discovery and Designer talk pretty nicely to each other
I took some time to really start testing the interoperability between SAP Lumira 2.0 Designer and Discovery. The outcome surprised me an a positive way: Basically anything that you set up in Discovery is re-usable:
- all data enrichment like custom groupings, hierarchies, conditional formatting
- all data connectivity is re-usable whether it regards linked, stapled, merged or even blended data sources
- any extended calculation can be re-used: think of moving averages with reset, difference-from calculations, if-then-else or any other custom formula
- data quality ruling that one applies in a storyboard, is instantly available in the dashboard application
- the content of the mock-up or storyboard can be used in a read)t-go authored template application.
I created following assets that provide some more detail and background:
- a 10 min overview video is here
- a 20 min longer overview is here
- part 1 of a technical insight video is here
- part 2 of a technical insight video is here
- on my website I created a SAP Lumira 2.0 technical page with background and finding
Do you know something about when Lumira discovery is supported on Mobile devices from BI Launch pad?
Lumira 2.0 files are supported in the (just released) Mobil BI app 6.6
Hi , thanks for the video. Understand the 2 tools, discovery(for business users, use for data discovery) & designer(for mostly for IT users, user for structured visualization) are serve different purpose. But looking at the tools, both have the visualization capability. Hence, what make the designer differentiate from discovery?