In the upcoming weeks, we will be posting new videos to the SAP HANA Academy to show new features and functionality introduced with SAP HANA 2.0 Support Package Stack (SPS) 01.
The topic of this blog is application lifecycle management.
For the previous version of this blog, see SAP HANA 1.0 SPS 11 What’s New: Application Lifecycle Management – by the SAP HANA Academy
For the full SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 01 blog list, see: What’s New with SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 01 – by the SAP HANA Academy
XSA Application Lifecycle Management
SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 01 introduces a new XSA application for HANA application lifecycle management (HALM). This complements the xs command line installer tool.
Using the tool, you can install (update, uninstall) both software components (similar to delivery units) and products.
A third view presents the installation history and provides access to the log file.
When installed, the XSA HALM tool is accessible from the SAP HANA cockpit.
Alternatively, you can access the application using the default port 53280 (when using port-based routing). The port is configurable.
However, XSA HALM is not installed by default. If you wish to start using it, you will need to download and perform the installation for the appropriate HANA system.
Search for XSAC_ALM in Software Downloads on the Support Portal. Install using the xs command line (after login).
xs l xs ins /<download_path>/XSACALMPIUI11_3-80002271.ZIP
New Concepts, New Guides
With XSA, the whole architecture for application development has changed. For an overview on this topic, see SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 01: New Developer Features.
Obviously, this also impacts application lifecycle management. To learn more about the Multi-Target Application (MTA) Model, see The Multi-Target Application Model. A guide to understandmulti-target applications.
To learn more about how configure the XSA version of HALM for the SAP Change and Transport System (CTS), see How To… Configure SAP HANA Extended Services-Advanced Model (XSA) for CTS
On the SAP HANA Academy, there is a full playlist covering all aspects of administration: bit.ly/SAPHANAAdmin
For more information see:
SAP Help Portal
- SAP HANA Application Lifecycle Management (New) – SAP HANA Release Notes
- Installing and Updating Using the XSA Application Lifecycle Management Graphical User Interface – SAP HANA Administration Guide
- The Multi-Target Application Model. A guide to understandmulti-target applications
- How To… Configure SAP HANA Extended Services-Advanced Model (XSA) for CTS
SAP HANA Blogs
- HALM Usage and Troubleshooting
- Transport of HANA objects with HALM
- SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 01: New Developer Features
Thank you for watching
The SAP HANA Academy provides technical enablement, implementation and adoption support for customers and partners with 1000’s of free tutorial videos.
For the full library, see SAP HANA Academy Library – by the SAP HANA Academy
For the full list of blogs, see Blog Posts – by the SAP HANA Academy
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel for updates
- Join us on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/saphanaacademy
- Follow us on Twitter: @saphanaacademy
- Google+: plus.google.com/+saphanaacademy
- Facebook: facebook.com/saphanaacademy