Update 06/15/18: SAP S/4HANA Chemicals trial is now available on S/4HANA 1709 FPS00
The SAP S/4HANA Chemicals trial with industry best practices provides configuration for business processes critical to the chemical industry. The SAP S/4HANA Chemicals trial is based on SAP experience with over 6,000 chemical customers in 95 countries. This fully-activated trial supports end-to-end processes that drive value for chemical manufacturers and is based on the S/4HANA 1709 baseline processes relevant for all industries.
The SAP S/4HANA Chemicals trial can be provided as an SAP Cloud Appliance Library (CAL) which is a kind of a compressed system that can be rapidly extracted into a regular system instance. It can also be order as a Blue Ray (check the SAP Note for details). The SAP S/4HANA Chemicals trial includes core functionality for the Chemical Industry in the areas of procurement, supply chain, manufacturing, plant maintenance, sales and marketing, environmental health & safety, and finance. The description of the covered processes can be found below using the provided Best Practice Explorer links.
The SAP S/4HANA Chemicals trial can be used as a reference system on how to apply SAP Best Practice processes. In addition, as CAL it can serve as a quick-to-use exploration system for a fit/gap analysis for standard and best practice processes supported by SAP S/4HANA. Both purposes can be considered given a 30-day-trial constrain (longer use possible but requires additional licenses).
Learn more about the solution content
- SAP Note with information how to request a trial and how to use the solution can be found here.
- SAP Best Practice Explorer links providing information on covered processes can be found here. This link includes publically available information and additional, detailed information requiring an S-User authorization.
- General information about the SAP Cloud Appliance Library (CAL) and SAP Best Practice for S/4HANA 1610 relevant for all industries can be found here.
- Learn how to request the SAP S/4HANA Chemicals trial appliance right here or request and create your own SAP S/4HANA Chemicals CAL instance.
- You can find some FAQs below.
How can the SAP Cloud Appliance Library (CAL) be consumed?
It can be consumed in a hosted environment (using cloud provider infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure as of today) with the SAP Cloud Appliance Library (SAP CAL) as bridge into the hosting providers. Setup time is 1-2 hours, and the easiest way is to use the Best Practice for Chemicals CAL request.
The SAP S/4HANA Chemicals trial is one of SAP’s offering among others. You can find the full list of SAP CAL offerings, incl. trials, here.
Frequently Asked Questions
How was SAP S/4HANA Chemicals Trial with Industry Best Practices built?
Learn more about the SAP S/4HANA 1709 Fully-Activated Appliance that was used as starting point. The standard processes for Chemicals Industry have been manually configured on top of this appliance.
How-to use Chemicals Industry Processes in S/4HANA OnPremise implementations?
Transfer and implementation of the SAP S/4HANA Chemicals Trial shall be done accordingly to the SAP Activate methodology. SAP Activate recommends starting with the phases “Discover” to “Explore”. During these phases the delivered chemicals industry processes implemented in the trial system should be evaluated. During the “Realize” phase the evaluated and selected processes can be transferred into Dev system manually.
The following illustration and description explain the major steps.
- Step 1: Create a Chemicals Trial System (latest available version)
- Via SAP CAL on Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform Infrastructure
- Via Download on your own infrastructure
- Via Blu-ray disc on your own Infrastructure
- Step 2: Use documentation in Best Practices Explorer and Chemicals Trial System to learn, evaluate and prototype processes to fulfil requirements
- Step 3: Define configuration to be transferred in the DEV System based on configuration guide documents
- Step 4: Do the configuration in DEV System (no transports or solution builder content available for the chemicals trial processes)
- Recurring Step: Evaluate new chemicals trial versions if relevant changes or new processes are included