In this Blog, I am going to provide some glance on New Functionalities Introduced in BI 4.2 SP4 with Screens
There is no doubt as SAP is becoming market leader in Analytic and Reporting tools
SAP Released Analytic and Reporting tools like
- Business Intelligence Platform
- Lumira 2.0 (Lumira+DS)
- Business Objects Cloud
What is BIP?
Business Objects Business Intelligence Platform consists of tools to change or transform organization data into useful information (Tables, Charts etc..)
BI versions :
- XI 3.1
- BI 4.1
- BI 4.2
There are Many Functionality Changes b/w above versions. Current version is Business Objects 4.2 SP4.
Lumira is used to create Stories, there are different versions release by SAP.
- Lumira 1.0
- Lumira 2.0 (Combination of Lumira and Design Studio)—> Not into market
Lumira 1.0 is released for both Unix and Windows platform. we need to install LS4BIP Add-On.
Business Objects Cloud:
Sap Recently released this new Intelligent version of Cloud Platform, where all functionalities on In-house Business Objects platform are there in Cloud and is more interactive and easier way to use.
Roambi is a mobile reporting app, It can be used to visualize Data from any Data Source (eg: excel, hana, txt etc…)
I would like to Bring Few New Functionalities that are introduced in BI 4.2 SP4
As SAP is planning to get Good User Experience to all SAP products, part of that It brought Fiori Look to BI 4.2 SP4 Launchpad. where as CMC Home Screen Remains Same
BI Launchpad has got Fiorified User Experience, It’s much Simpler to Access, View, Manage BI Objects or Reports.
Below are Few Screen Captures related to New BI Launchpad, where users can Navigate easily to view reports.
After logging into Launchpad, we can see Few Samples
on top right of screen we have 3 Tiles
- Fiori Tiles Format
- Sample Data is Displayed as Below in Image 4
- we can create our own Category (eg: Test1 as in image 3)
Below are few New Features in BI 4.2 SP4
- Apache Tomcat Version 8.5.13
- Add-On’s related to BI need to be Upgraded (Lumira, Design Studio)
- New Supporting DB (MAX DB)
- Drill Down related API introduced (used in Crystal Reports)—> we have few issues related to Drill down in BI 4.2 SP2, they are resolved (API–>setEnableDrillDown) and Few more API’s introduced
- “Send To” option is available in WEBI and Crystal Reports
6. Few New Features in Information Design Tool
IDT: Information Design tool is used to create connections and Universes
a. CMS Password can be viewed (by clicking eye icon to Display password)
b. universes can be republished and stored in same location where it previously got stored
7. Data Sources that support in WEBI are (SAP HANA, Free-hand SQL etc…)
8. Gauge Charts are available in reports to display key performance indicators (Developers got many new Functionalities)
9. Geo Charts are one more new Functionality (previously it was there in Lumira)