Takeaways from 2017 SAPPHIRE NOW
In my previous blog What to expect from 2017 SAPPHIRE NOW I listed the questions that I would have expected to answered during this year’s SAPPHIRE NOW. As it turned out, these were in fact all topics covered either already during the key notes or in individual sessions later:
- Greenfield or Brownfield?According to 2017 SAPPHIRE now, this depends on your scenario, i.e. my How to decide between a Greenfield and Brownfield S/4HANA transition evaluation criteria still apply. It was also mentioned that Cloud is the strategic go to solution because it receives innovations first that will then trickle down to on premise.
- HANA Appliance versus SAP HANA Tailored Data Centre Integration?64 sockets, 64 TB RAM for both the Master and Replica in hot standby (23:04 minutes into SAP Keynote with Hasso Plattner, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of SAP SE).
- HANA 1.0 versus HANA 2.0?
The biggest topic at 2017 SAPPHIRE NOW was SAP Leonardo: Intelligently connecting people, things, and businesses:
– Internet of Things
– Machine Learning
– Big Data
– Data Intelligence
– Design Thinking
If you would like to understand the full implications of SAP Leonardo, please check out this excellent blog SAP Leonardo “Reloaded” – Unifying People, Process and Technology to Enable Digital Transformation by my colleague and SAP Mentor Owen Pettiford.
- Solution Manager 7.1 or Solution Manager 7.2?End of Mainstream Maintenance for SAP Solution Manager 7.1: 31.12.2017!
- SAPGUI or SAP Fiori Launchpad?SAP Co-Pilot is SAP’s incarnation of Siri / Google Assistant / Cortana / Alexa (52:49 minutes into SAP Opening Keynote with Bernd Leukert, Member of the Executive Board of SAP SE):
- SAP Cloud Platform Integration or SAP Process Orchestration?SAP Leonardo Foundation is based on SAP Cloud Platform. If you would like to understand how an increasingly capable stable core at lowest cost unleashes innovation to offset an ever-increasing speed of change please check out my respective blog Actions speak louder than words: Why not now?