May 12 | SAP CodeJam Montreal by SAP and The Createch Group
SAP CodeJam Montreal
by SAP and The Createch Group
SAP HANA Cloud Platform, Predictive Services
Thanks to SAP, we just hosted a SAP CodeJam at Montreal, on Bell campus.
The concept? Moving the famous SAPTechEd hands-on session at home … like if you were in Las Vegas ! Exciting ?
So on May 12, The Createch Group gathered SAP Developers and data scientists for a full day session, on SAP HANA Cloud Platform, Predictive Services. Abdel Dadouche, Developer Evangelist @SAP, hosted the event and led our guests to CodeJam together.
This kind of event is really well rooted: after a smooth introduction on Predictive Services, SAP environments were ready to run for everyone, and Abdel guided all of us for a six hour immersion in SAP HANA Cloud Platform… and in French s’il vous plaît !
- Presentation of SAP Hana Cloud Platform
- Focus on Predictive Services
- How to build a predictive model without a PhD
- Presentation of different statistical methods
- Forecast : the most common algorithm in BI, enables to give predictions based on past data or
- Key influencer : useful to determine the relevant dimensions that have a major impact on indicators, when the dataset includes 2000+ columns,
- Outliers : identify the values out of an expected range
- Statistical method vs activation of service
- Finally, the end user doesn’t need to know much about the statistical method to use, since the solution is based on service commissioning
- How to consume SAP Predictive Services
- Many SAP Solutions, such as Hybris Marketing, Cloud for Customer, Fraud solutions are using intensively those features
As the attendees followed the SAP Predictive tutorial, they were able to deploy, configure and test the SAP Cloud Platform, Predictive Services, at the end of the day :
The expertise of Abdel was a key element that made this day a success : all tricky questions had an answer, all guests were coached and well guided through the concise and complete (and free ?) tutorial. I think everyone managed to perform one of the three predictive services… good performance when guests have different technical backgrounds.
Honestly, I was surprised to see the improvements that SAP did to provide a free trial account on HCP ; no doubt this contributes to engage people to test and then develop their own applications on this Platform. SAP is no more just a software editor but a real development platform on which we must rely more.
Once again, special thanks to our special coach Abdel ! It was a great experience that we will renew for sure !