I am all geared up to write my first SAP Blog after SAP SDN community has taken its transformation. Although, I thought my first post would be on SAP BCM a.k.a Contact Center but I’d rather decided to write a blog on SAP TPM (Trade Promotion Management) to help one of my LinkedIn friend. Since, this being my first post I wouldn’t be perfect but please leave your feedback/suggestions/tips so I can improvise.
Tip: If you are interested in writing a new blog you need to aware of the new rules of SDN to write a blog which I will cover in a separate topic later or you have check this below link and also follow my blog 🙂 https://blogs.sap.com/2016/12/06/navigating-blogger-levels-new-sap-community/
This blog will cover only what’s new with SAP S4 HANA in accordance with SAP CRM-TPM. Before you start reading ,You need to understand that SAP HANA has impact only on classic ECC and BW system but there is no HANA in CRM technically.
For the easy read of this blog. Henceforth, when I mention S4 HANA, it means SAP ERP system with HANA.
1.In S4 HANA system, you don’t have the Tcode – VBo1 meaning, you cannot create your Rebate agreement in S4 system (Cool tip: To identify whether the T-code is supported in S4 or not, you enter the T-code and press enter key it gives a dump error which means it’s not support in S4 system) Having said, that you can still you use the T-code VBo2 & VBo3, what is that means ? It means, you can create Rebate Agreement in SAP CRM-TPM and transfer to S4 HANA system where the rebate agreement can be viewed in S4 HANA. If that is possible, then your rebate is applied to your sales transaction documents as well.
2. Conditional Contract Settlement – If you interest knowing this in detail , I would request you read this below blog from the SAP Experts for all the technicality on 1511 and 1610
3. This might be not have direct impact with TPM/SD integration but you need to know because you need to fulfill your delivery to complete the integration testing till invoice.In S4 HANA there is no MB1C, meaning you cannot add stock using this T-code instead you use MIGO for adding stock.
Apart from this, you need to know to how select which planning tool you need to choose, whether you need to go with BPS, BPC or BW-IP. It to say to go with BPC or BWIP with HANA but you need be very careful in your selection to make sure which you need to choose to meet your business /client needs.
Each one has it’s own plus and minus, it really depends on your business needs and which one suits to satisfy your customer needs. Before we jump in, let see of difference between BPS Vs BWIP.
The simple difference between the BPS and BW-IP. In BPS use key figure planning, where we use Planning profile group and which will have planning profile (and many would have mastered it so, I don’t have literate it), coming to BW-IP which uses Key figure planning with PAK (Planning application kit) which can work with ATPM(2.0) IMP (In-memory planning). In BW-IP , instead of using the Keyfigure planning node in SPRO you will be using Key-figure planning with PAK and everything is query based meaning you will need to select the right queries to fetch your planning data. Nothing fancy, you need to know which query will satisfy your needs and you use them accordingly. For example if you want day, week or month level planning then you need to choose the respective query accordingly.
Examples of few queries as follows:
Master: BP with Product Group and Product (Day Level) (0TPM_AC03_IRQ0081)
Planning by BP w/ Product Category and Product (Day Level) (0TPM_AC03_IRQ0052)
TPM Read Query (Day Level) (0TPM_DS01_Q0003)
Similarly, the key-figures may be different from BPS so you need to know what Key-figures you need to maintain.
Examples of few key figures as follows:
- Discount (%) per Sales Unit (0BON_OIPSU)
- Bill Back (%) per Sales Unit (0BON_BBP)
- Variable Promotion Discount (Invoice Markdown) per SU (0OFFR_DCSU)
- Every Day Low Price (Off-Invoice) per Sales Unit (0EDLP_OINV)
- Rebate (Amount) per Sales Unit of Measure (0BON_SHSU)
Comparison with BPS, BPC and BWIP:
SAP has already communicated it would stop supporting BPS but when? It all depends on what version of SAP Netweaver you have, let say if you are using SAP Netweaver 7.50 then the Mainstream maintenance will offered through December 2025.
Keep in mind, BPS can offer Free Goods and TGR off-invoice.
BPC: When it comes with BPC, you need to make sure which version of BPC you are using. BPC has two version.
- Standard version
- Embedded version. In order to use TPM you would need Embedded version and these would lead to licensing issues so make sure what version of BPC you are using. Because standard and Embedded has different licensing. If you are interested to understand in depth of the difference you can check out the below link https://blogs.sap.com/2014/10/21/concepts-compared-bpc-standard-and-bpc-embedded/
BW-IP(In memory Planning):
- Resource challenges. You will have issues finding a right candidate for this role, who is an expert in BWIP, not many have master this module.
- It uses FOX programming and not ABAP programming, so again you need to know someone who can handle FOX programming and not many would be able to support this.
- Even though, the products has been released since 2012, according to me it needs improvements. It has many limitations which may or may not satisfy all your customer business needs.
To list a few as follows:
- If you decide to use rates origin as ‘CRM’ then Tiered Growth Rebates(TGR) will not support.Technically, TPM -TGR will act as a Standard Rebates offering the total Rebate discount amount so it is not very useful even if you are using BPS as well. However, to overcome you can use TGR Off-invoice(in BPS) if you need or SD themselves can gave scale based discount on the sale volume either would satisfy your customer needs.
- Free Goods will not be supported. If your client wishes to give Free Goods based on Trade promotion well then it would not be supported with BWIP.
And many more if you are planning to have live rates and claims.
I hope, you would have like this blog. Please leave your valuable feedback