Why Cloud ERP is now! The Case for S/4HANA Cloud
Digital has changed the world in many ways. And it has put businesses in a spot, where it’s sometimes hard to understand if technology is the cure … or the pain. And while digital value creation and innovation has clearly become an imperative, businesses would like to avoid its side effects. Cloud-based ERP is the differentiator.
There are two core digital trends:
- The increased complexity and velocity of change on the one hand requires businesses to take the agility of their core operations to a new level.
- While on the other hand users expect easy-to-use yet impactful interactions when they rely on technology.
ERP in the cloud brings the best of both worlds. It combines the power of end-to-end capabilities with the speed of cloud delivery allowing continuous innovation across the business. And, it has the scope to empower people across daily work and strategic decision making, reducing mundane tasks and allowing more focus on things that matter.
Enterprise resource planning in the cloud is therefore at the core of digital value creation.
But cloud ERP systems must have three key characteristics to deliver on the promise.
- Built on industry-insights: core to the value delivered is the adoption of more standardized processes, configured for individual context. Industry expertise is the key to deliver best practices that bring businesses to a next level.
- Intelligent: more data, more transactions, more options and more rules put traditional systems increasingly under stress. Machine learning, predictive analytic and digital assistants are the right innovations to overcome this stress and they must be at the core of the software architecture.
- Intuitive: with an increasing number of interactions and the necessity to make most of people’s input, there is no room for time-consuming routine tasks or confusion on how to get a job done. As software becomes more and more a partner in business life, the interaction must be more personal.
With this in mind, SAP strongly believes that it is time for the next generation of cloud ERP solutions. And we believe that SAP is in a unique position to deliver it. We leverage over 40 years of passion for customer value and industry-leading projects. This lets us define the right value cases and bring machine learning, predictive analytics and digital assistants to life at business level. With FIORI, our award-winning interaction design, users get a contextual experience that puts them at the center of their business.
The time for intelligent ERP in the cloud is now and SAP S/4HANA Cloud delivers.
See how to benefit from continuous innovation in this short whiteboard animation or learn more about SAP S/4HANA Cloud.