The Internet of Things (IoT) has the potential to be one of the biggest game-changers in technological advancement. It’s estimated that by 2020, there will be anywhere from 6.4 billion to 17.6 billion internet-connected devices, most of which will share a network with at least one other device.
Whether you’re in tech or marketing, or are just a consumer looking to get your hands on the latest in IoT tech, you’re probably dying to get into this year’s hottest IoT conferences and expos.
That’s why we put together this list of some of the most impressive conferences to look forward to.
Best IoT Conferences 2017
If you haven’t already, make sure you’re prepared for these IoT conferences, yet to come in 2017:
- Apple WWDC. The Apple WWDC conference takes place between June 5 and June 9, in San Jose, California. This is where Apple makes the latest announcements about the products it has coming up, and how those products may change the way we live and work. Last year’s conference had some mixed reviews, but historically, this has been one of the best IoT and mobile conferences available.
- BlackHat USA. The BlackHat USA conference takes place in Las Vegas, Nevada, between July 22 and July 27. It’s one of the biggest conferences of the year if you’re into cybersecurity; ethical hackers and computer security experts almost always either attend this event or watch it remotely. Last year, cybersecurity experts demonstrated a drone that could hack devices simply by flying over them, and this year likely has similarly astounding surprises. Plus, you’ll get the chance to see everything else Las Vegas has to offer.
- IoT Week 2017. IoT Week 2017 is taking place in Geneva, Switzerland, between June 6 and June 9, so you may not make it if you’re trying to attend Apple’s WWDC. IoT researchers, developers, and consumers from all over the world are staged to gather for this unique, four-day long forum.
- AppSec USA 2017. AppSec USA 2017, hosted by OWASP in Orlando, Florida, is unfolding between September 19 and September 22. DevOps, mobile security, and cloud security are common topics for this annual conference, so you can expect significant takeaways for the budding IoT industry. The event schedule isn’t set to be released until May 30, so there are still some surprises in store, but make sure this expo makes your watch list for the year.
- Gartner Symposium 2017. The Gartner Symposium (2017) is an annual conference targeted toward CIOs and other technology executives. This year, it’s taking place in Orlando, Florida—the same city as AppSec, so you’ll still get a chance to explore Orlando if you can’t make both—between October 1 and October 5. There, you’ll find actionable insights on topics including enterprise IT, mobility, cloud computing, cybersecurity, application architecture, and of course, IoT.
Keeping Up With the Latest Changes
If you want to keep up with the latest advancements in IoT, you’re not alone. The industry is thriving, and it’s only going to grow more popular from here. At SAP, we’re experts in IoT device optimization and enterprise-level IoT deployment, so make sure to contact us if you’re ready to bring your company into the future of connectivity.