I’m very pleased to let you know that SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.2 SP04 has been officially announced at SAPPHIRE NOW 2017.
SAP delivers further innovation to our core business intelligence (BI) solutions and supports our on-going commitment to these key offerings with this release. It provides a host of new features and enhancements that are the result of feedback from our customers, partners, developers, and internal stakeholders.
Here’s a quick glance at some (but by no means all) of the new elements introduced in this release.
SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.2 SP04
- New SAP Fiori-style Launchpad
- Enhanced CMS Access
- Enhanced search performance
- Enhanced data access
SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence 4.2 SP04
- New Unified Viewer consumer interface
- Data Access/SAP HANA HTTP Support
- New charts, gauges, and KPI files
- New functions in formula language
- Exclusive Server Groups at Runtime, which greatly speeds up the configuration of a BI system, because the only possibility before was to associate ServerGroups on the report level. Now with new implementation, ServerGroup could be associated with Folders as well and for On Demand runtime requests in SAP Web Intelligence and SAP Crystal Reports.
- CMS Database Driver enhanced with Universe and sample Web Intelligence documents as part of the Installer, new AccessLevel Plugin allowing for the retrieval of all rights defined in the customer access levels, as well as documentation.
- Web Intelligence DHTML Improvements that enable all users to remove dependency on Java Applets, enables all supported browsers for Editing with full functionality, and allows for default in both JAVA and DHTML for all new SAP Web Intelligence features. In addition, the SAP Web Intelligence DHTML client is now also enhanced with Free-Hand SQL Editor and Right to Left (RTL) Language support.
Want to learn more about the SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.2 SP04 release? Check out these resources for additional information and details:
- Iver Van De Zand’s blog (with video) SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.2 SP04 Top Five Elements
- Deeper Dive: What’s New in SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.2 SP04
Product illustrations may offer functionality available in future releases. Please contact your SAP representative for an overview of current offerings.