In his 2016 Letter to Shareholders from April 12, 2017, Jeff Bezos, Chief Executive Officer of Amazon.com, elaborates on the fundamental mindset that makes an organization successful – and why this mindeset will help to keep an organization in a leading position.
Bezos outlines diverse competencies and tactics that an organization needs to embrace to remain vital. In his eyes, true customer obsession, resistance to proxies, adoption of external trends, and high-velocity decision making are key for any organization to be competitive in today’s challenging and constantly changing markets.
Let’s take a look at the topic of customer obsession to find out in which way SAP has embraced a similar customer-oriented technique during the development of their new configuration solution for the cloud:
- What is customer obession and how does SAP live it?
- Will SAP S/4HANA for advanced variant configuration respond to customers’ needs?
According to Bezos, a business can be competitor focused, product focused, technology focused, business model focused, and there are more. However, clear customer focus is by far the most important mindest to keep a company vital. A company or organization, in the role of product or service owner, must understand the customer, have a vision, and love the offering: “A remarkable customer experience starts with heart, intuition, curiosity, play, guts, taste.”
SAP has defintitely adopted a similar mindset that focuses, first and above all, on the customer. Regular customer calls, customer workshops, and partnerships prove this – they have played a huge role for making SAP S/4HANA for advanced variant configuration SAP’s perfect response to customers’ needs. For details about SAP’s customer focus, check out these assets:
- Cooperation Between SAP and Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Mathematics
- SAP S/4HANA for Advanced Variant Configuration: Customer Workshop (March 20 – 23, 2017)
- Always a Step Ahead: Live Engineering and Variant Configuration in an Individualized Market
- SAP S/4HANA for Advanced Variant Configuration – ON AIR with Sven Denecken, SVP for SAP S/4HANA Product Management