Today, SAPPHIRE NOW, SAP’s largest customer event, is opening its doors in Orlando once more to share its latest product innovations with customers and partners. Many major SAP products and releases, like SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP Connected Health, were launched at SAPPHIRE NOW.
This year, SAP HANA at SAPPHIRE NOW is at the forefront of SAP’s “Digital Thought Leadership”. It forms the basis of making SAP the most innovative cloud company powered by SAP HANA. That’s why in Orlando, we will be demonstrating how we are innovating across the entire stack with SAP HANA 2:
- On the hardware technology layer – our long-term partner Intel will announce on stage that their upcoming non-volatile dual in-line memory module (DIMMS) based on 3D XPoint technology will integrate with SAP HANA. This technology will make memory affordable while being persistent and increasing capacity. This, together with SAP HANA’s perfectly matching architecture, will be transformative for in-memory computing.
- On the advanced processing layer – we’ll show how the SAP HANA Earth Observation Analysis microservice will revolutionize natural disaster prediction by processing geospatial data from space with SAP HANA 2.
- On the application layer – by further promoting SAP HANA, express edition and make it even easier for developers to build their own apps and deploy them anywhere they want – no matter if on premise or in the cloud on Azure, Google Cloud Platform, AWS or SAP environments.
These various layers represent the full extent to which our customers can consume SAP HANA 2 innovations to transform their businesses to become truly digital enterprises. Here are just a couple of scenarios how customers already running SAP HANA 2 are processing large data volumes faster with our unique in-memory technology and discover new types of insight using multi-model, advanced data processing capabilities:
- Financial services companies accelerate their financial processes through automation of financial functions, analyzing 30TB of data, including digital payments, financial transactions and postings using SAP Bank Analyzer on SAP HANA.
- Retail companies can fulfill their sales orders faster by processing large volumes of high speed sales transactions and article movement in stores and warehouses. For instance, a large retailer analyzes 3 years’ worth of sales data each day using a 34TB SAP HANA system.
- Utilities companies can improve their customer service by gaining greater insight from business and IoT data. A customer with a 36TB BW system is predicting usage patterns at greater accuracy and is forecasting energy requirements based on data collected by 2.5 million smart meters.
To further support customers of all sizes and in all industries to make their business ready for the digital age, we have just delivered the next SAP HANA Platform support package stack (SPS) 01 for SAP HANA 2. With this continuous innovation release, our customers can accelerate their full-use license opportunities even further with new enhancements that support cloud-readiness, application development, rich data and machine learning. With this release, we also shipped new versions for the SAP HANA products Dynamic Tiering, Smart Data Streaming and Enterprise Architecture Designer.
In addition, we took the next step in terms of cloud-readiness for SAP HANA certifications on Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Microsoft supports running some of the largest public cloud estates of SAP HANA, across both virtual machines and Large Instance offerings all powered by Intel’s Xeon processor, by
- introducing M-Series virtual machines that will support single node configurations up to 3.5TB memory very soon
- announcing a range of new SAP HANA on Azure Large Instance SKUs, from 4TB to 20TB memory in the near future for customers using OLTP landscapes like SAP S/4HANA or Suite on SAP HANA that go beyond the limits of today’s hypervisors,
- offering support for SAP HANA Large instances for applications like SAP Business Warehouse, and SAP Business Warehouse on SAP S/4HANA.
SAP HANA on GCP is now available for larger instance size, doubling the node size from 208 GB to 416 GB. Also, customers are now able to use scale-out capability with the general availability of SAP for SAP Business Warehouse and SAP S/4HANA workloads. Specifically, this includes
- Support for single node 416GB machine type (n1-highmem-64) for SAP Business Warehouse and SAP S/4HANA workloads
- Support for scale out configuration for both n1-highmem-32 and n1-highmem-64 machine types (up to 4 nodes)
- Remove sole tenancy requirement and support shared tenancy for single node and scale out to reduce the costs for customers.
Certification for AWS is now available for the following instance type:
- Instance type: x1e.32xlarge
- RAM: 2.7 TB (OLTP); 1.9TB (OLAP)
- Support for scale-out up to 17 Nodes for OLAP
- For nonproductive usage, the instance can be used up to 4 TB
I am looking forward to see these SAP HANA innovations during SAPPHIRE NOW – hope to see you there!
JOIN US HERE:
SAPPHIRE NOW Data Management Campus (Theater 3) 12:00-12:20pm – Improve Data Insight with In-Memory Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics: Join Richard Pledereder, SVP, SAP HANA Development, who will show you how TensorFlow will integrate with the SAP HANA platform to build even smarter applications combining image classification models with SAP HANA’s native capabilities for spatial and recommendation analysis. Get more insight from SAP HANA Innovation Award winners who are using the latest advancements in SAP HANA.
SAPPHIRE NOW Live Business Theater 2:00-2:20pm – Optimize Innovation with SAP HANA 2, Our Next-Generation In-Memory Platform: Join Chris Hallenbeck, SVP, EMEA Database and Data Mgmt GTM, and Lisa Davis, VP, Data Center Group, Intel and see how our co-innovation project with Intel is revolutionizing in-memory computing, and experience this next-gen technology in action.