Sample Big Data Setup & Visualisation in Ambari
A very much continuation from my previous write-up Hortonworks – Big Data Hands-on.
We assume now the Ambari portal setup is done & ready for action once follow the previous posts.
“Ambari is Apache Hadoop based portal for big data administration, modelling & execution.”
Create Table & Load Data
- First, download sample data. Download & extract the file to your computer, should contain 2 files. geolocation.csv & trucks.csv.
- Load the file to AMBARI’s file system & setup access right. Steps
- Load the sample raw file from file system to first layer of Hadoop Distributed File System ( HDFS ), Apache HIVE. And select Tez as execution engine of HIVE. Steps
If you are familiar with SAP BW, imagen
- .CSV file as data in an ECC system
- ORC as data acquisition layer/PSA
- HIVE & TEZ as BW data modelling creating final Multiprovider or InfoCube
Query Data with Hadoop
With above mentioned steps, ORC tables loaded with sample data. Ready to be query via HIVE & TEZ
Good News. The latest version of Ambari, incorporated visualization of data within the platform.
Click on the “Visualization” icon on the right hand side panel.
Choose the relevant dimension/measures for analysis in “Data Visualization” tab.
Switch to “Data Explorer” to visualize the selected dimension & measures.
From setting up Hadoop environment to all the way visualize the big data in a Hadoop environment… quite a journey.
If you are following the write-up from my previous blog, we can recall about SAP’s partnership with Hortownworks.
Let’s go some extra miles by technically test the co-operation between SAP & Big Data Hortonworks environment in my next write-up, using SAP LUMIRA. Stay tune.
This is a nice series. Thanks for drawing the parallel between the file formats and BW. Makes the perspective even clearer.
Thank you to follow the series. Just update the post. Link to my next post, on linking the data in this post to SAP LUMIRA. Enjoy,