A very much continuation from my previous write-up Hortonworks – Big Data Hands-on.
We assume now the Ambari portal setup is done & ready for action once follow the previous posts.
“Ambari is Apache Hadoop based portal for big data administration, modelling & execution.”
Create Table & Load Data
- First, download sample data. Download & extract the file to your computer, should contain 2 files. geolocation.csv & trucks.csv.
- Load the file to AMBARI’s file system & setup access right. Steps
- Load the sample raw file from file system to first layer of Hadoop Distributed File System ( HDFS ), Apache HIVE. And select Tez as execution engine of HIVE. Steps
If you are familiar with SAP BW, imagen
- .CSV file as data in an ECC system
- ORC as data acquisition layer/PSA
- HIVE & TEZ as BW data modelling creating final Multiprovider or InfoCube
Query Data with Hadoop
With above mentioned steps, ORC tables loaded with sample data. Ready to be query via HIVE & TEZ
Good News. The latest version of Ambari, incorporated visualization of data within the platform.
Click on the “Visualization” icon on the right hand side panel.
Choose the relevant dimension/measures for analysis in “Data Visualization” tab.
Switch to “Data Explorer” to visualize the selected dimension & measures.
From setting up Hadoop environment to all the way visualize the big data in a Hadoop environment… quite a journey.
If you are following the write-up from my previous blog, we can recall about SAP’s partnership with Hortownworks.
Let’s go some extra miles by technically test the co-operation between SAP & Big Data Hortonworks environment in my next write-up. Planning to use SAP LUMIRA. Stay tune.