Updating the SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform might well appear to be complex, however, there’s a few simple rules that you need to follow to ensure success.
1. Update Server software before Client software
All server software must be applied before client software. This is particularly important when both server and client software is on the same machine. As soon as you update the client software, without first updating the server software, your server software will stop working!
2. Update software to same Support Pack level before updating to same Patch Level
Before applying any Patch, you must ensure that both your Server and Client software is on the same Support Pack level. This applies to all servers within a cluster, i.e all servers must be on the same Support Pack level before the patch is applied to any one server. If you don’t you’ll have a corrupted installation.
3. Update any Server add-on typically after updating the BI Platform Server software
Apply any BI Platform Server add-on either before or after
- the client software.
- the Patch for the BI Platform Server Support Pack.
But I strongly advise doing it AFTER you’ve updated the BI Platform Server Support Pack to avoid incompatibility issues.
The Add-on Support Pack and Patch software are bundled into the same installer package. This means you can update directly to the required Support Pack and Patch level in one go, without the need to apply the Support Pack first, then the Patch.
Not all versions of all add-ons are compatible with all versions of the BI Platform. However, if you update to the latest BI Platform Server Support Pack level and the latest BI Platform Server add-on level, then you’ll typically be just fine. It’s always advisable to double-check this point by looking at the Product Availability Matrix for the Product in question. You’ll find a page that lists which Add-on versions are compatible with which BI Platform Versions.
Lets expand this subject a little. Lets say you’re on an old version of the product, BI 4.1 Support Pack 5 and you’re using some add-on which is equally quite old. Lets say that’s the Lumira add-on version 1.27. This combination (BI 4.1 SP5 and Lumira add-on 1.27 is supported as per the PAM). Lets say you want to update to a more recent version of the BI Platform, lets says that’s BI 4.2 Support Pack 3. But the Lumira add-on (1.27) isn’t supported on BI 4.2 SP3, so does this mean you need to go ‘via’ some Support Pack first or go ‘via’ some add-on? No is the answer. You apply the Support Pack first (BI 4.2 SP3), THEN apply the add-on update (1.31 being the latest). At the intermediate stage you’ll have BI 4.2 SP3 installed with an old (unsupported) version of the add-on (1.27), but this is ok since you’re not going to be using the software, you’ll going to update it almost immediately.
However, there’s a complication with BI 4.2 Support Pack 4. Some aspects of these complications, or gotchas will only last until then of July 2017 (once a new set of add-ons are released) and that’s explained next.
4. BI 4.2 Support Pack 4 special rules for some add-ons
Because we’ve improved our software, we have two ‘gotchas’ regarding BI 4.2 Support Pack 4 when in comes to updating.
Gotcha 1: install technology change
The installer program in the existing add-ons (that where released prior to BI 4.2 SP4) can’t be used with BI 4.2 SP4 or later. So, you either need to update your add-on before applying BI 4.2 SP4, or wait until the next release of your add-on. The KBA 2467541 provides the official status.
This gotcha is limited in time to the next release of these add-ons. This isn’t a general rule that will last very long.
A bit more about that: If you’re updating your Platform to the latest version, currently BI 4.2 SP4, you’ll almost certainly going to update your add-ons to the latest version too. You’ll going to apply the Support Pack first, then the add-on. Once all the latest versions of the add-ons (that are supported with BI 4.2 SP4) are available this issue goes away. Until then, we have a ‘gotcha’.
You may recall my advice just earlier about applying the Add-on AFTER applying the Support Pack. Well this is a case when you must apply the Add-on before the Support Pack. But before you do, please double-check with the Product Availability Matrix that your ‘new’ add-on is supported with your ‘old’ Support Pack. If it’s not compatible, you’ll need to update to BI Platform Server Support Pack level before you apply your ‘new’ add-on version.
Gotcha 2: crypto libraries enhanced
What does this mean from an ‘update’ perspective?
If you have either:
- An old Lumira 1.x client and/or the Lumira 1.x server add-on
- or, an old Design Studio 1.x client and/or Design Studio 1.x server add-on
Then these ‘add-ons’ and clients simply won’t work with BI 4.2 Support Pack 4. (Technically the add-on will work, but you won’t be able to use the respective client to go with it since the communication between that client and the server is broken as per SAP Note 2475569)
This part of gotcha 2 is also limited in time, since you’ll probably update you server add-ons to the latest release (the ones that won’t have this issue). (Today, 25th May 2017: neither the Lumira or the Design Studio Add-ons are available. It will be Lumira 1.31.6 and the version of Design Studio 1.6 is unknown by myself presently)
- All SSL / SAML certificates need to be re-generated
- Communication over SSL using Upgrade Management Tool or Promotion Management is problematic when one system is ‘less than’ BI 4.2 Support Pack 4 and other is ‘greater than or equal’ to BI 4.2 Support Pack 4.
- Any client ‘less than’ BI 4.2 Support Pack 4 connecting to a server ‘greater than or equal’ to BI 4.2 Support Pack 4 will not work. This isn’t supported, but many organisations update the server first (rule 1 above) and the later update the clients. So for a short period of time, the clients are one (or two) Support Pack versions lower than the server. Whilst not supported, with BI 4.2 SP4 this really won’t work meaning all server and all clients must be updated to the same version in one go. No gradual update for clients. Once you’re on BI 4.2 SP4 then future updates, to say BI 4.2 SP5, it should work again, but unsupported as usual!
Gotcha 1 + 2
The two gotchas together can be more confusing, so I’ve built this diagram to show various workflows of what is supported and what is not and how you navigate your way around.
I’ve tried my best to make it as clear as I can, but please take your time to digest the diagram and the various workflows.
Incompatible add-ons with BI 4.2 SP4 include: (these add-ons won’t work with BI 4.2 SP4 or later)
- Design Studio 1.5.x (or earlier)
- Analysis for Office 2.3.x (or earlier)
Existing add-ons are: (these aren’t incompatible with BI 4.2 SP4, they just can’t be added once BI 4.2 SP4 has been installed) Diagram Workflow I
- Analysis Office 2.4 Support Pack 2 or less
- Analysis Office 2.4 Support Pack 3 Patch 0 or less [updated 23/June/2017]
- Analysis Office 2.5 Support Pack 0 Patch 0 [updated 23/June/2017]
Existing add-ons are: (these are incompatible with BI 4.2 SP4 and they can’t be added once BI 4.2 SP4 has been installed ) Diagram Workflow I and Workflow K
- Design Studio 1.6 Support Pack 4 (any patch) or less (this won’t work. You MUST update both Add-on and client to at least: DS1.6 SP5 Patch 1, BI 4.2 SP4 Patch 1) [updated 10/July/2017]
- Design Studio 1.6 Support Pack 5 Patch 0. (this won’t work. You MUST update both Add-on and client to at least: DS1.6 SP5 Patch 1, BI 4.2 SP4 Patch 1) [updated 10/July/2017]
- Lumira 1.31.5 or less (this won’t work with any Lumira 1.31.5 or less client. You MUST update both Add-on and client to Lumira 1.31.6 – which is now available)
- Lumira 2.0 EAC SP0 and SP1 and Lumira 2.0 SP2 (The Open Beta release – NOT the GA release). These releases are NOT supported with BI 4.2 SP4.
‘New’ add-ons are: (these can be applied to BI 4.2 SP4 or later, but they can also be applied prior to BI 4.2 SP4 – check the PAM for each product) Diagram Workflow J
- Analysis Office 2.4 Support Pack 3 Patch 1 or greater [updated 23/June/2017]
- Analysis Office 2.5 Support Pack 0 Patch 1 or greater [updated 23/June/2017]
- Design Studio 1.6 Support Pack 5 Patch 1 or greater (requires BI 4.2 SP4 Patch 1 as a minimum). (available now) [This info updated 10/July/2017]
- Lumira 1.31.6 or greater – compatible with these BI Platform version and greater: BI 4.1 SP6 and BI 4.2 SP2.
- Lumira 1.31.6 has known issues and workarounds with its installation. Please see KBA 2485508
- Lumira 2.0 SP2 (the Generally Available release) or greater – compatible with these BI Platform versions and greater: BI4.1 SP8 Patch 9, BI 4.1 SP9 Patch 4, BI 4.2 SP2 Patch 11 and BI 4.2 SP3 Patch 7.
It might seem a little odd, but these ‘new’ add-ons work with BI 4.2 SP4 and also with the old Support Packs too (well as long as the Product Availability Matrix for the product says so). Diagram Workflow L.
Add-ons not affected by Gotcha 1 : (because the installer isn’t as tightly integrated)
- IOMS (Integration Option for Microsoft SharePoint)
The installer for these Add-ons isn’t affected by the change of the installer in BI 4.2 SP4 because the installer isn’t tightly integrated into the Platform. So the old installers, for these Add-ons, work with everything BI 4.2 SP4 beyond and everything before too! Gotcha 2 still applies.
Live Office isn’t a BI Platform add-on and so isn’t affected by Gotcha 1, Gotcha 2 still applies.
Lumira 2.0 Beta and EAC
The Early Adopter Care (EAC) provides selected customers with Lumira 2.0 SP0 and Lumira 2.0 SP1.
The Open Beta program, for Lumira, provides selected customers with Lumira 2.0 SP2 Beta (not the GA release)
The Generally Available version of Lumira 2.0 is planned to be Lumira 2.0 SP2 (GA).
The Lumira 2.0 SP0, SP1 and Lumira 2.0 SP2 Beta are NOT supported with BI 4.2 Support Pack 4. So you should not try to use BI 4.2 Support Pack 4 with anything before Lumira 2.0 SP2 (GA) . It will NOT work.
Technically, you could install Lumira 2.0 Beta/EAC Add-on before applying BI 4.2 Support Pack 4, but once you update to BI 4.2 SP4 your Lumira 2.0 Beta/EAC will not be supported and the Lumira Desktop will NOT be able to connect to the BI Platform (for example, to login to browse documents or use a Universe, or a managed connection of some type). When you try to login to the BI Platform you will receive an error message “Internal Error” or “Not connected” or “Connection Refused”
Somewhat confusingly, the open Beta may be referred to as Lumira 2.0 SP2 Beta and you might well think this is Lumira 2.0 SP2 Generally Available version. It isn’t! The Lumira Open Beta/EAC can only be applied BEFORE BI 4.2 SP4 and NOT afterwards. However the Lumira 2.0 SP2 Generally Available version can be applied both before and after BI 4.2 SP4.
Other related articles
- https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2433337 Security Enhancements with BI4.2 SP4
- https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2477634 BI 4.2 SP3 Patch 6 update to SP4 issue
- https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2475569 ‘old’ Lumira 1 and Design Studio with BI 4.2 SP4
- https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2475660 Master note regarding BI 4.2 SP4 update
- https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2485508 Lumira 1.31.6 installation issues and workarounds
I hope this helps remove any confusion. Comments welcome of course. I’ll do my best to reply.
If you do post a comment, please refer to the workflow by the appropriate letter A, B, C etc.
Matthew (Twitter: @MattShaw_on_BI)