SAP CoPilot 1705 now available to customers
SAP CoPilot 1705 is the first step towards a digital assistant for the enterprise: aware of your business context, SAP CoPilot helps you efficiently collaborate, supporting issue resolution and follow-ups and helping you take immediate action. This first version of SAP CoPilot is now available to SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers with the 1705 release.
The main capabilities of SAP CoPilot 1705 are:
- Notes: Users can create notes when working with apps; SAP CoPilot links the collection of notes to the apps you were working on, helping you find them when you return to the app.
- Screen Shots: SAP CoPilot can take intelligent screen shots from SAP Fiori apps.
- Recognizing Business Objects: SAP CoPilot recognizes business objects within the current application context and allows you to add them to your collection of notes and screen shots.
- In-Context Chat: Chat with other users from your business application context without entering a collaboration room, and share notes, screenshots and business objects.
- Quick Actions: Quickly create business objects from within SAP CoPilot – such as a Contact Person, as shown in the image above.
Have a look at the blog SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1705: Enhanced User Experience with SAP CoPilot to see a video of SAP CoPilot in action with SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1705, along with more details of the main capabilities.
SAP CoPilot 1705 runs on the SAP Cloud Platform, and is the first step towards a digital assistant for the enterprise. SAP is planning to make SAP CoPilot available for further products, and is planning further innovations down the road to make it a true digital assistant for business. To keep up to date with what is planned, have a look at the SAP CoPilot road map, which is contained in the SAP Fiori Road Map, updated on a quarterly basis. You can navigate to the SAP CoPilot road map by going to the table of contents on slide 6, clicking on “Application Road Maps” and then on “SAP Fiori apps – Cross LoB / Industry”, where you will find the road map for My Inbox and for SAP CoPilot.
Meet us at SAPPHIRE
Up next is SAP’s SAPPHIRE and ASUG Annual Conference. Make sure you check out the session catalog, where we have a session dedicated to SAP CoPilot. You can also find out more at the SAP S/4HANA demo stations and at the User Experience demo stations on the show floor.
Give us your feedback
Do you also see the potential for a digital assistant for business to significantly enhance the overall user experience when interacting with business systems?
Do you have use cases you would like to see supported by a digital assistant going forward?
I’d love to hear your ideas!
Should the CoPilot cause notifications in the launchpad notification areawhen you invite other users to a chat?
My Co pilot only shows Chat function. We are on 1711.
Hey Thomas, I definitely see a huge potential around this! One of the use case I am working on currently which might influence your design: Password Self Service and other self-services. So you will have to present the CoPilot before authentication screen! Let me know if you need a detailed flow around this.
Thanks and Good Luck.
Is this only available on the cloud version, or also on premise, and does this cause additional costs to the customer?
Is SAP Fiori Copilot available for testing on on-premise system 1709 and is there any initial setup document for same.
Is there any licence cost involved
Quite interesting, looking forward to implement it for our client.