Sven Denecken, Senior Vice President for SAP S/4HANA Product Management, spent a few minutes to look at and then talk about SAP’s new variant configuration solution that will be shipped with SAP S/4HANA 1708 CE for the first time.
In a series of 5 short video clips, Sven summarized what impresses him the most:
- The functional highlights that SAP S/4HANA for advanced variant configuration features.
- The PLM strategy to establish variant configuration as an important capability of SAP S/4HANA Cloud and how SAP S/4HANA for advanced variant configuration supports this strategy.
- The development techniques and cooperation with partners that made SAP S/4HANA for advanced variant configuration what it is, such as the cooperation with the Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Mathematics (ITWM).
- Recent market trends, such as personalization, individualization and digitization, and in which way SAP S/4HANA for advanced variant configuration reacts to these.
- The way SAP S/4HANA for advanced variant configuration supports sales, planning, production, engineering, and service alike, above all through unmatched process and data integration.
All in all, the video series shows Sven’s belief that manufacturers will receive THE digital product innovation platform they have been asking for, and this for years:
“Only SAP S/4HANA for advanced variant configuration addresses all 5 complex configuration challenges:
- It provides a single source of truth for configuration data.
- It administers analytics and enables the validation of products.
- It implements process standardization and change and release management.
- It handles the ever increasing complexity of configurable products.
- Last but not least, it presents accurate and timely information and guidance.”
Thank you for your time, Sven Denencken!
You can check out the videos here: