Key Takeaways from SAP Best Practices for Chemicals Event in Houston/TX, April 4-6
On April 4-6 the SAP Best Practices for Chemicals Conference took place in Houston/TX under the motto “Driving Value from Technology in a Changing World”. With a number of 290 attendees from 11 different countries including customers, prospects, partners and SAP experts a unique crowd of business, functional and technology professionals came together comprising senior leadership, decision-makers, business process owners, analysts, support teams, solutions providers and more with the purpose to embrace innovative solutions, fresh ideas and best-in-class strategies for improving on overall business performance in the chemical industry. Customers confirmed that SAP provided “exactly the information required and that the networking opportunities (peer to peer, peer to SAP, peer to partners) were outstanding”. Here are some highlights from the event:
- More than 30 customers from around the globe shared compelling success stories and use cases on stage targeting at hot topics like preparing for the digital transformation, leveraging IoT, the journey to S/4HANA, Cloud strategy and Customer Engagement and Experience. Among those were strong global brands like: BASF, Dow Chemical, Eastman Chemical, LyondellBasell, Huntsman Corporation, Air Products, Albemarle or AmericaStyrenics.
- The 3rd consecutive Pre-Conference Partner Workshop was joined by 40 attendees – special thanks to our customer speakers from Olin and Axalta. 21 partners sponsored the Best Practices Event and our platinum sponsor Accenture hosted a great dedicated customer networking event at their new SAP centric Innovation Center in Houston.
- The 2nd annual Women in Chemicals Dinner at Best Practices for Chemicals also was a great success. Under the moderation or Business Women’s Network Chemicals Chapter Lead Monica Gassmann, 30 women enjoyed and evening of drinks and appetizers in addition to a fun networking game and an inspirational panel discussion with Laura Tibodeau, CIO Americas Styrenics, Delaney Bellinger, CIO Huntsman and Kimberley Reid, VP Hitachi. This was followed by live music to round out the evening.
- The Meet the Experts Corner was successfully launched as innovative approach to facilitate deep dive expert conversations.
- Deep dive SAP Innovation Sessions were pre-scheduled around the following topics:
– Digital Boardroom for Chemicals
– SAP Best Practices for Chemicals on S/4HANA
– Digital Transformation Navigator
– Best Run Chemical Company – relaunch with forward looking digital focus
– ARIBA and Supply Chain Management Integration
– Hybris and Omnichannel Management for Chemicals
- Watch 3 short Video Clips on excerpts from keynotes.
- A Press Release was launched on “Accenture and SAP to Help Chemical Companies Advance a New Era of Digital Transformation Through SAP S/4HANA® Chemicals”
- Read the following Post-Event Blogs: – SAP Women Forward – An inspirational evening with women in chemicals – Do You Understand Digital Transformation? – Quo Vadis Cloud?
Stay tuned on the announcement of our next SAP Best Practices for Chemicals Event in 2018. We look forward to see you there!