How to Search a Payload in Monitor Message Flows Application
A business user might want to filter out a message flow based on the Payload. In this blog, you will know how to search for message flows which has a specified Payload.
For demonstration of Monitor Message Flows in Support Package Stack 04, let us consider a very simple scenario to search message flows with specific Payload and view the details.
When you open the application, the Flow Groups page displays a list of flow groups with Filters section on the top along with Variants section.
How to enter the filter parameters
To search a message flow, click on the “Filters” link in the Filters section.
You can see many parameters using which you can filter the message flows of our choice.
In this example, let us consider searching an instance with Payload CONNECTION_ID: 0941 having a Flow Status ERROR in the Date and Time Period Current Month/Previous Month.
1. Scroll to the Payload section and click on “More Filters” option. Check the CONNECTION_ID check box and click OK.
2. Enter the value of the parameters in the respective fields.
3. Click “Go” Button, the filter gets applied on the Flow Groups Table. The asterisk (*) on the Variant name implies that the filter is applied, but not saved.
How to save a variant
We can see here that there are 5 instances with the given payload which is a part of 3 different Flow Groups. You might be interested only in one flow group and might want to save the filter parameter values.
1. Click the “Filters” option again and select the Flow Group from the available list of Flow Groups and click “Save” Button.
2. Enter a name and click on “OK” button. I have given the name “MMF Demo”.
3. Click of “Go” button, the Filter gets applied.
How to choose a saved variant
You can choose a variant from the list of saved variants from the Variants section.
How to view the message details
1. Click on the row in the Flow Groups Table to list the flow names.
2. Click the row in the Flow Names table. It navigates to the Message Flows page.
3. Clicking on any one of the message flows in the Message Flows table will display the respective instance details.
I hope that now you know how to search for a payload or any other parameter in Monitor Message Flows Application and get the relevant message flow details.