ASUG & SAP Analytics – BI Survey Update
ASUG just announced the results of their 2017 survey on Analytics & BI. Out of 450+ survey participants, 45% of respondents indicated they are already using the latest innovations with SAP BusinessObjects BI and 32% are evaluating and considering SAP BusinessObjects Cloud for the future. These are encouraging results. However, we recognize there is more work to be done, and we look forward to partnering with ASUG to help customers understand how SAP Analytics can help them achieve business agility, improve decision making, and take action in the moment with technology solutions on premise and in the cloud.
What’s Happening to Your Existing SAP BusinessObjects Software Investments?
As evident from the ASUG survey, many customers are using SAP BusinessObjects, which includes BI & analytics solutions such as Lumira, Web Intelligence, Design Studio, Predictive Analytics, and Analysis Office. SAP continues to invest in these on-premise solutions and in-parallel is rapidly innovating in cloud-based technology with bi-weekly feature release cycles.
Based on customer feedback, recent progress analytics product strategy includes the convergence of Lumira and Design Studio (release planned in Q2). Innovations across the portfolio are planned in 2017. More specific details on SAP BusinessObjects product roadmap plans are available on www.sap.com/roadmaps.
What’s New with Cloud Analytics?
Built natively on the SAP Cloud Platform, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud is the only cloud-based solution for all analytic capabilities including BI, planning, and predictive. As shared on a recent askSAP community webcast, SAP is focused on the interoperability scenarios between on premise and cloud analytics solutions to enable customers to easily transition from one to another. This analytics strategy is also supported by a unified user experience to engage users and combine the power of analytics to take action, whether on the go or at your desk.
As indicated from a recent askSAP customer poll, 78% are planning to move to cloud analytics over the next 1-2 years. SAP is committed to developing innovative, market leading solutions which are ready for customers as they begin their journey to cloud technology and reduce cost across the enterprise for serves, maintenance, and upgrades.
The SAP Digital Boardroom brings the boardroom and meetings of all types to life across people, places, and devices into a real-time enterprise experience. Built on SAP BusinessOjects Cloud, it connects to SAP S/4HANA and other applications and data repositories to provide a single source of truth about a company’s most important business metrics to monitor, simulate, and drive change in the digital economy.
SAP continues to invest in analytic capabilities within SAP HANA to transforms analytic intelligence including advanced data processing for business, text, spatial, graph, and series data in one system to gain unprecedented insight and deliver deeper insights using powerful machine learning and predictive analytics capabilities.
How Are SAP Analytics Customers Realizing Value from Their Investment?
Check out these examples of SAP Analytics customer success stories:
- Live Oak Bank uses SAP BusinessObjects Cloud to help employees answer tough questions and make decisions in real time.
- Mercy Healthcare uses SAP HANA and analytics solutions to process data in real-time, helping to improve patient care and save millions of dollars.
- BBraun, a leading provider of healthcare solutions, uses analytics to provide innovative services for its customers with SAP BusinessObjects Cloud.
- Cirque Du Solei brings together various data and uses analytics from SAP to transform the customer experience by empowering users to make their own decisions.
- mBank uses predictive analytics to better understand customer behavior and react more quickly to address their needs.
Why Invest in Analytics from SAP?
Here’s my top ten reasons:
- Invest in SAP BusinessObjects Cloud as the only modern SaaS solution for all-analytics capabilities.
- Benefit from expertise from the market leader in analytics and applications with 44 years of expertise working with 300,000 customers.
- Leverage the SAP HANA platform with real-time data management, in-memory technology, and advanced analytics processing.
- Integrate SAP solutions easily with LoB and industry applications to fuel the digital transformation.
- Invest in a hybrid approach with new product innovations for wherever the data resides – in the cloud, on premise, or a hybrid.
- Connect every user across your entire organization from the boardroom to the frontline.
- Blend cloud data and on-premise data without the time and expense of moving it.
- Future proof your organization with enterprise-grade analytics supporting Internet of Things / Big Data use cases.
- Invest in automated smart insights to identify correlations and scale thousands of predictive models.
- Access the broadest ecosystem with domain expertise for leading technologies and applications.
What’s Next in Your Journey?
SAP customers with existing deployments of SAP BusinessObjects BI are encouraged to take advantage of the new capabilities on premise as well as speak to their SAP representative about conversion of the on-premise licenses to cloud, including special conversion promotions. Haven’t made a move on analytics for your business yet but are thinking about it? Try SAP BusinessObjects Cloud and connect with the DataGenius team, they’re waiting to help with your biggest data and analysis challenges.