In the SAP Screen Personas Practitioner’s Forum this week (April 19, 2017), we received the following question in the chat:
“My boss heard a rumor that Fiori will replace Personas in the future – please help me answer his inquiry.”
The short answer is that SAP Screen Personas will remain a stand-alone solution. It is a key part of SAP S/4HANA, an easy way to simplify classic screens as well as any custom transactions you are running in your existing ERP system or in your brand-new S/4HANA system.
Let me share with you some interesting facts about the current state of SAP Screen Personas:
- We have customers in all 25 industries that SAP serves using SAP Screen Personas.
- We have customers in over 60 countries.
- The number of live customers has been growing steadily over the past few years.
- We are aligned with SAP’s Fiori user experience strategy.
- SAP Screen Personas, in our last service pack, SP4, introduced support for the Belize theme, which is theme for SAP S/4HANA 1610 and higher.
We plan to release SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP5 around SAPPHIRE 2017. SP5 will include some new tools to build adaptive designs. And lots more, which we will announce when the service pack is ready.
Looking forward, we are continuing to simplify deployment by adding content to our flavor gallery. We continue to work closely with our colleagues across the organization to align with Fiori 2.0 and Belize, along with adding SAP Screen Personas functionality to SAP GUI for Windows, SAP GUI for Java, and Web Dynpro ABAP.
We plan to show a prototype of SAP Screen Personas Mobile Access at SAPPHIRE 2017. As the name implies, this allows you to render SAP Screen Personas flavors on mobile devices. We are seeking co-innovation customers who want to share their specific mobile scenarios and use cases with us and validate functionality as we move forward. Find me at SAPPHIRE if you want to discuss this topic.
You can see some of our other plans in the public-facing roadmap document.
To recap: there are no plans to replace SAP Screen Personas now or in the future, and the product continues to evolve to meet the requirements of our customer base.
We are here for you and we are here to stay.
* This blog and SAP‘s strategy and possible future developments are subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice.