Target Audience – Consultants, Project Managers, Business users.
This blog is relevant for all product version of SAP S/4HANA until 1610 on premise release.
In today’s digital world, organizations maintain employees of Sales Business unit as sales employees who are responsible for orders from their customers. Organizations want to measure their sales employees on certain performance KPI’s accountable for sales they bring in on Month, Quarter or yearly basis which directly relate to incentives for sales employees based on targets which they achieve. To fulfill this need, organizations utilize their cutting edge ERP software (SAP S/4HANA) implemented by them to RUN their day to day operation.
Sales employee are crucial channel for organizations, sometimes within a geographical location, who in-turn communicates with customer, understands customer needs, sell brands and also sometimes cross sells informing them about promotions, events etc. This creates direct impact for organizations in terms of top-line growth and profitability.
In terms of utilizing SAP S/4HANA, we can understand that it requires deep integration between HR function, Order to Cash function and highly flexible master data setup to achieve desired result. In this blog, I try to explain how this can be achieved with SAP S/4HANA on premise.
In ECC there is a functionality to create Sales Employee without using HR function. This is possible with “Use Sales Employee Without HR” which is available at IMG (SPRO). It has been deprecated with SAP S/4HANA.
How would you go about this?
- Using HR mini master transaction PA30(or PA40) to create Employee personal record. Then extend it via create Sales Representative (VPE1). To amend a record use VPE2.
- Assigning the Partner function SE – sales employee at the Business partner level
Business documents such as Sales orders when created in SAP S/4HANA then contains the relevant details of sales employee from Business partner function determination.
- Create Personal Number (VPE1) or change (with VPE2) with Sales Org Data extended to Personal Number
2. Create/Select the BP created for Customer (XXX)
Select Sales & Distribution,
3. Enter the Sales Org Details and assign the Personal Number ex:- 32, to the Partner function (SE)
Result: Personal Number Created for Sales Employee is assigned with Business partner in SAP S/4HANA
Typical known issue: –
Employees hired are not visible in Sales employee partner function
Important SAP Notes and relevancy* depends on SAP S/4HANA Release
Initial Execution: –
Run the report /SHCM/RH_SYNC_BUPA_EMPL_SINGLE for couple of employees.
- This report takes PERNR as input
- Check if in IEMPLOYEE view (in SE16 transaction) full name column has data for the employee
- In IEMPLOYEE view find the record by first name and last name.
- Also check in this view Employee column is filled.
Final Execution: –
Please run the report for couple of employees. If the test is successful then run the report /SHCM/RH_SYNC_BUPA_FROM_EMPL. This report run the synchronization for all the employees.
- Please run this report by the User who has Authorization to maintain BP, Vendor and User.
- Otherwise you can schedule this as Background job to run periodically so that in future also if employees are modified then those employees are also synchronized
We can see the error details in SLG1 transaction.
If synchronization is successful, for every employee there must exist a BP number and PR number assigned in the ID TYPE HCM001 as shown in the screen shot below:-
Further Relevant SAP Notes: –
SAP Note#854390 – FAQ: Use of the sales representative in SD without HR provides details around how customers can take informed decision for maintaining Sales Employees in SAP ECC without HR function.
SAP Note#2406039 – Enablement of some fields for Employee Business Partner in BP transaction in S/4HANA system which are not part of HCM system provides correction to edit fields.
In SAP S/4HANA transactions PA30, PA40 are available to create personal records – within the Compatibility Pack, which means customers can use the functionality until 2025.
New HR UI’s available to manage HR Mini Master in SAP S/4HANA also within Compatibility Pack and is referenced as HR Renewal. When you use those transactions to create Employee record, then a corresponding BUPA in role ‘Employee’ gets created as well.
The strategic HR solution is SAP SuccessFactors which can be integrated with S/4HANA on premise.