Release Highlights, as of April 18, 2017
Plenty of news coming out of the SAP Community during the past week or so. Last Monday, we unveiled a road map showing development priorities for the next several months. Two days later, we published a new batch of release notes, and the same day, we shared details about some of the bigger features from the road map — one of which had gone live, two more of which rolled out yesterday.
In a way, I feel a bit late to the party with this post, but I also didn’t want to steal anyone’s thunder by posting anything prior or concurrently to their updates. (Mixing colloquialisms awkwardly doesn’t seem to be a concern for me, though.) So here then are some of the recent highlights consolidated for your convenience.
- As I noted above, we shared details about big new features last week: a rebuild of the Browse the Community page, a fresh approach to the SAP Community home page, and an extension of the +Actions menu. Rather than rehash all the specifics, I recommend that you check out Re-paving the Roads: An SAP Community Navigation Update, a blog post that gives plenty of information about these topics (and explains them way better than I could).
- Speaking of big new features, the last list of release highlights included the long-awaited (much anticipated) email notifications — an announcement so huge, it deserved (and got) its own blog post. Alas, the rollout wasn’t perfect, and when some users attempted to Former Member, they received an “oops” (sorry…I meant “ooops”) message. (Literally. See image below.) I’m happy to report that this error has been fixed.
- Speaking of the new email notifications (I know…I’m getting lazy with my segues), if you would like some additional instructions about these settings, please watch this new Tip in a Minute video.
- Moving over to the Coffee Corner…members had noted that only certain people could view the discussions there — specifically members who had logged in. That’s no longer the case. The Coffee Corner of the community is now open to all, regardless of whether you have an account or are logged in. And while we are on the subject of Coffee Corner, we fixed the bug which allowed people to select Coffee Corner as a tag under certain circumstances (an action that triggered additional errors).
- Some members had pointed out that the number of shares for Facebook were not showing up properly for blog posts. We have resolved the issue in which the social-sharing counts for both Facebook and LinkedIn were not shown.
That’s it for this time. I should be back in a week or two with some more release highlights. And if you missed previous highlights, you can find them at:
- Release Highlights, as of March 29, 2017
- Release Highlights, as of March 15, 2017
- Release Highlights, as of March 1, 2017
- Release Highlights, as of February 16, 2017
- Release Highlights, as of January 23, 2017
- Release Highlights, as of December 8, 2016
- Release Highlights, as of December 2, 2016
- Release Highlights, as of November 17, 2016