Update on April 13, 2018: “Transition to SAP S/4HANA” – Version 18Q2
The new version of the “Transition to SAP SAP/4HANA” road map is online in the SAP Roadmap Viewer.
The „Transition to SAP S/4HANA” road map 18Q2 has been updated with new information on Feature Pack Stack 01 for release 1709. Although untouched on activity level there are many changes on task level. In particular, the tasks for Fit / Gap and Configuration have been re-written describing application configuration for Line of Business areas (was structured according to Business Priorities in the past).
The Road Map Viewer has a new look and feel, so please see here how to navigate:
On the entry page (Description), you find a “Welcome” section, the road map graphic and a link to a detailed introduction text on how to work with the road map. In the section below, all phases are described.
To start navigating in the road map structure and read through the tasks and activities, you have to open the Content tab.
Once you have opened the road map Content tab, you should filter for your scenario to hide all activities and tasks which are not relevant to you. The following scenarios are available:
- New Implementation
- System Conversion
- Landscape Transformation
To set a scenario filter, scroll down to the More section, in the left structure pane and select the scenario in scope.
To narrow your search further down, you can additionally select a work stream, a phase, or a service.
You can expect the next content update in July 2018.
Update on January 9, 2018: “Transition to SAP S/4HANA” – Version 18Q1
SAP is about to publish an updated version of the “Transition to SAP S/4HANA” road map within the next couple of days. The version name is “18Q1” (for better fitting of version name to publishing date). This blog summarizes the content changes:
- Many new and valuable information sources included pointing to SAP blogs where the SAP Regional Implementation Groups have documented their learnings from customer implementation projects.
- Include of a new “Cookbook on Customer / Vendor integration” for customers.
- Updates on new tools around custom code management described in blogs from SAP P&I.
- Include of an important additional pre-check on your custom code. The context is documented in SAP note 2318321).
- Updates on the new 1709 appliance of SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA.
- Many new and updated links pointing to offerings from the SAP Enterprise Support Academy.
Please note that this time, the road map structure on activity level stays unchanged.
You can expect the next content update in April 2018.
Update on December 1, 2017: “Transition to SAP S/4HANA” – Version 17Q4
SAP has already published a new version of the “Transition to SAP S/4HANA” road map. The name of this version is “17Q4”. This blog is used to summarize the changes.
17Q4 Release Changes:
- New activity named “UX Activation and Design”, which bundles all UX related planning and design tasks (were scattered across multiple activities in the past).
- Significant accelerator updates and enhancements:
– Include of about 50 valuable blogs around SAP S/4HANA implementations topics from the SAP Regional Implementation Group (RIG), e.g. on Customer/Vendor integration, or the activation of SAP Best Practices content.
– Update of release specific accelerators to SAP S/4HANA release 1709.
You can expect the next update of the “Transition to SAP S/4HANA” (version “18Q1”) mid of January 2018.
Update on August 8, 2017: “Transition to SAP S/4HANA” – Version 17Q3
SAP is about to publish a new version of the “Transition to SAP S/4HANA” road map. The name of the version will be 17Q3 (version 17Q2 has been skipped). This blog is used to summarize the planned changes.
17Q3 Release Changes:
- Minor restructuring in the work stream for “Project Management”
- Activities within “Application: Solution Adoption” work stream re-named and re-structured
- The activities for “Gap Validation” and “Design Review” have been moved closer to the activity “Integration Validation”, because they are addressed by the same supporting SAP Value Assurance service from SAP (named “Safeguarding the Digital Transformation”)
- The activity “Custom Code Management Execution” is now a task under “Product Enhancements”, which now bundles all required code changes.
- Largest content change: Introduction of a new work stream named “Application: Integration” which bundles activities required to properly integrate the new SAP S/4HANA system into the solution landscape.
The SAP Road Map Viewer is a tool used by the implementation project team members to navigate the phases, activities, tasks and accelerators related to the SAP Activate methodology.
The on-premise road map “Transition to SAP S/4HANA” is updated quarterly to reflect the latest information. The version name of the road map is <Year><Quarter>. This blog is used to summarize the changes.
17Q1 Release Changes
- Content update for SAP S/4HANA release 1610 FPS01
- Content update to reflect changes of the SAP Value Assurance service packages
- Phase alignment: “Production Cut-over” now happens in the Deploy phase. “Hyper Care”, “Handover to Support Organization” and “Q-Gate 5” have been moved accordingly
- New activities and service offerings added to operate and improve the new solution in the Run phase
- “Organizational Change Management” is now in the “Solution Adoption” work stream
- Additional information added on UX and Fiori
- Several new and updated accelerator links