Update on August 8, 2017: “Transition to SAP S/4HANA” – Version 17Q3
SAP is about to publish a new version of the “Transition to SAP S/4HANA” road map. The name of the version will be 17Q3 (version 17Q2 has been skipped). This blog is used to summarize the planned changes.
17Q3 Release Changes:
- Minor restructuring in the work stream for “Project Management”
- Activities within “Application: Solution Adoption” work stream re-named and re-structured
- The activities for “Gap Validation” and “Design Review” have been moved closer to the activity “Integration Validation”, because they are addressed by the same supporting SAP Value Assurance service from SAP (named “Safeguarding the Digital Transformation”)
- The activity “Custom Code Management Execution” is now a task under “Product Enhancements”, which now bundles all required code changes.
- Largest content change: Introduction of a new work stream named “Application: Integration” which bundles activities required to properly integrate the new SAP S/4HANA system into the solution landscape.
The SAP Road Map Viewer is a tool used by the implementation project team members to navigate the phases, activities, tasks and accelerators related to the SAP Activate methodology.
The on-premise road map “Transition to SAP S/4HANA” is updated quarterly to reflect the latest information. The version name of the road map is <Year><Quarter>. This blog is used to summarize the changes.
17Q1 Release Changes
- Content update for SAP S/4HANA release 1610 FPS01
- Content update to reflect changes of the SAP Value Assurance service packages
- Phase alignment: “Production Cut-over” now happens in the Deploy phase. “Hyper Care”, “Handover to Support Organization” and “Q-Gate 5” have been moved accordingly
- New activities and service offerings added to operate and improve the new solution in the Run phase
- “Organizational Change Management” is now in the “Solution Adoption” work stream
- Additional information added on UX and Fiori
- Several new and updated accelerator links