The new and updated product documentation for SAP HANA Platform 2.0 SPS 01 is now available on SAP Help Portal.
Here you’ll find all the essential and familiar SAP HANA guides and references updated for the latest release. Some highlights include:
- Updated Feature Scope Description reflecting changes in the SAP HANA licensing model
- Updated documentation for the SAP HANA cockpit (also available in-app!)
- New SAP HANA Hierarchy Developer Guide explaining how to use hierarchy functions in SAP HANA
- Enhanced and expanded SAP HANA Developer Guide for building and deploying applications in the SAP HANA XS advanced model
- Enhanced SAP HANA SQL and System Views Reference with lots of usability and navigation improvements
What’s new in SPS 01?
You can find out about new and enhanced features introduced with SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 01 in the What’s New in the SAP HANA Platform 2.0 (Release Notes). Also, check out the new SPS 01 videos from SAP HANA Academy. Some release highlights include:
- All systems now run in multiple-container database mode. This means that after you update a single-container system, it will have a system database and one tenant database. To find out what impact this has on your operations concept, refer to the SAP HANA Tenant Databases Operations Guide and the blog post Multi-container database mode is the new default.
- Enhanced data security with the availability of data masking and native backup encryption. Find out more in the SAP HANA Security Guide (data masking, backup encryption) and read the blogs Enhanced Data Protection in SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 01 and Protect your sensitive data using SAP HANA’s new dynamic data masking.
- The new SAP HANA Document Store (DocStore) is used to store and handle JSON documents natively. Find out how to create and maintain JSON documents in the SAP HANA Developer Guide
- The new XSA Application Lifecycle Management GUI can be used as an alternative to the XS advanced CLI for the installation, update, and uninstallation of products and software components in the SAP HANA XS advanced model. Find out more in the SAP HANA Application Lifecycle Management Guide.
- SAP HANA cockpit SP 02 is available with several new features and enhancements. If you’re wondering why the cockpit has a higher version number, it’s because cockpit SP 01 was delivered as a standalone component earlier this year. For more information about the cockpit revision and maintenance strategy, see SAP Note 2433181.
One last thing…
With the move to the new SAP Help Portal, the way you access the PDF version of guides has changed. But don’t worry, they’re still there. Just open any guide from the overview page and then click the PDF Download icon in the toolbar on the right:
Another great feature of the new SAP Help Portal is the feedback and comment function. Feel free to share your feedback about the SAP HANA documentation with us!
Your SAP HANA Platform User Assistance team