Hello SCN community,
i wrote a small step-by-step guide to install eclipse with HANA tools. In Eclipse you can use several tools in one program. Add-Ons like SAP HANA Database Studio , ABAP Development, BW Modeling Tools and many more.
- first check your systemtyp 32bit or 64 bit. Right-click on computer – prereferences
- Download eclipse neon for 32-bit the x86 version and for 64-bit x64 version.
- unzip your downloaded eclipse version and start eclipse.
if eclipse doesnt start please update to version 1.8+ – here
- select your workspace
- Download the SAP HANA Tools
- Location http://tools.hana.ondemand.com/oxygen
- choose your components
- Installation overview
- download and install the software
- restart your eclipse
New possibilities after installing SAP HANA tools.
if you install several tools you can switch the perspective
- select a perspective
proxy settings – if needed for example in a company network.
in my case no. If you choose yes, you must always type the password when you starting eclipse