Let’s all get behind St. Baldrick’s – Tech Tackles Cancer, April 12
On Wednesday April 12, we will be holding the third annual St. Baldrick’s event in Palo Alto. Together at SAP, we are targeting to raise $200,000 to help fight cancer. There are many ways to participate, and we hope to see you there.
Ways you can help:
- Pull some friends and colleagues together to raise some money on behalf of St. Baldrick’s. Bill is offering a “Dinner with Bill” for the employee or partner (+guest) that raises/donates the most for the event. This is a fantastic way to get your teams and your partners involved.
- Volunteer or attend the event. Be there to support our colleagues.
- Join Team SAP to sign up and shave your head/donate 8” of your hair to show solidarity.
There is still time for folks on your team to sign up and compete to raise money. Every little bit helps.
- Sponsor a colleague who is shaving their head/donating their hair. There are many colleagues on Team SAP you could sponsor, including a few SAP female colleagues who will be shaving or cutting their hair as well.
This is a special event which goes beyond raising funds for a worthy cause. It’s a fun, enjoyable evening full of inspiration – an experience to remember. Highlights include:
- SAP will be donating twenty 49ers tickets to the top team
- Joe Staley, 49ers Offensive Tackle, will be present to sign autographs
- There will be two Stanford doctors, who are both St. Baldrick’s grant recipients, speaking about the importance of the grants to their research
- There will be a few kids present who are currently undergoing treatment for cancer at Stanford at the event. One or two may speak on stage about their fight
- A woman cancer researcher from Stanford will be shaving her head
- The Palo Alto Firefighters have pulled together a team (two of the shavees are women) and are donating two authentic firefighter helmets
- A group of 30 local kids ages 6-14 will be shaving their heads again this year and last year they raised $45K collectively!
- Raffle, food and drinks
See this blog post from Stanford who is co-hosting the event.