As of 07 April, 2017, the SAP IQ 16.0 SP 11 documentation collection — and all subsequent documentation releases — are fully searchable! You can search across the entire documentation collection, or you can search inside a single document. This blog post will show you the basics of searching, using SAP IQ 16.0 SP 11 PL07 as an example.
Searching for a Term Across the Entire SAP IQ 16.0 SP 11 Documentation Collection
- In your browser (Chrome recommended) open the Help Portal:
- DO NOT enter an IQ search term right away.
- DO locate the product page for the IQ release you’re interested in:
- Enter SAP IQ in the “Search across all SAP Products” search bar and hit [Enter], or click the search icon (magnifying glass).
- SAP IQ displays under Product Pages. Click it.
- The SAP IQ product page displays. From the version pull down, select 16.0 SP11.
- You’re now ready to seach the SAP IQ 16.0 SP 11 documentation collection.
- Let’s say you want information on DAS dbspaces in SAP IQ. Enter the search term and hit [Enter], or click the search icon (magnifying glass):
- Help Portal returns a list of SAP IQ 16.0 SP11 topics containing the term “DAS dbspace”. The manual each topic is found in shows in smaller, bold, text below the topic title:
- Click the topic you’re interested in. SAP Help Portal takes you directly to that topic. In the example below, the DAS Dbspaces topic in the Administration: Multiplex book displays:
Searching for a Term Within a Single Document
- From the SAP IQ product page, select the version you’re interested in.
- Click the document you’re interested in; for example, Reference: Building Blocks, Tables, and Procedures.
- Click the search icon (magnifying glass) in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- The search bar appears. Make sure Search this document is selected.
- Type your search term and hit [Enter], or click the search icon (magnifying glass).
- Results show in the Search Results widget. Click on the topic you’re interested in:
- The topic opens. Happy reading!