Welcome to the April update of the SAP Learning Hub News, keeping you up do date with the latest developments, achievements of SAP Learning Hub!
Check out the SAP Learning Hub News archive if you have missed previous updates. You can also sign up for our email newsletter here to get the news delivered directly to your inbox. Download the latest content catalogue to get a complete overview of our available courses, content and SAP Learning Rooms. We have quite a lot of content for you again this month:
Coming Soon: Learning Journeys in SAP Learning Hub
We are excited to announce Learning Journeys in SAP Learning Hub, planned for release this month!
A Learning Journey is a visual presentation of the recommended path that a learner can follow to become fully competent with an SAP solution innovation – for instance, becoming certified by SAP on SAP S/4HANA implementation. Learning Journeys integrate all the relevant learning offerings or alternatives from many sources, including the openSAP platform, SAP Live Access, and all digital offerings available through SAP Learning Hub. We hope that this visualization will make it easier to understand what learning opportunities are available for a topic as well as how things are connected. (Learn More about Learning Journeys.)
Note: Learning Journeys will be available initially for professional edition, we aim to also include in other editions. Stay tuned for the release and future announcements!
Our Newest Learning Feature: Reputation Program
The reputation program in SAP Learning Hub is now live. Here’s your chance to have fun while learning, as well as to socialize and even make friends with other hub members.
Using game-design elements and game principles, this new program aims to make the learning experience more fun and engaging for you. Learners can collect points, enjoy reaching levels, earn badges, and complete missions and challenges. Share your achievements with your learning peers, and build a reputation as an expert. You can benefit from the positive effects of social media reputations as very powerful assets that can add huge value to your profile.
The program has started with its first set of SAP Learning Rooms: SAP HANA Modeling, SAP S/4HANA Overview, and SAP S/4HANA Cloud Implementation. Note that the links are accessible only if you are logged into SAP Learning Hub and are a member of these rooms. We will add other SAP Learning Rooms over the next few months.
Brand-New SAP Learning Room Home Page
On the basis of your feedback we will simplify the finding of appropriate SAP Learning Rooms as well as ease access to them. This will especially help new learners.
As a first step, we will launch a new SAP Learning Room home page that will be displayed when you select the menu entry “Learning Rooms” or when you click the ‘Home’ button while working in a learning room. The new home page will list the most popular SAP Learning Rooms for your SAP Learning Hub edition as well as provide a link to easily get a list of all available SAP Learning Rooms.
Behind the scenes, we are also planning the second phase to further personalize the experience. Stay tuned!
Announcing ASUG Call for Proposals – Now Open!
The ASUG Call for Proposals is now open for SAP customers and the ASUG SAP TechEd Design Team and the SAP Learning Hub team invites you customer to submit a proposal about SAP Learning Hub or SAP Live Access for SAP’s premier tech conference, SAP TechEd 2017 in Las Vegas, September 25 – 29th. ASUG is partnering with SAP once again for SAP TechEd.
Read more here about the ASUG Call for Proposals.
SAP S/4HANA; Key- and End-User Enablement
To support our customers and the SAP ecosystem to turn SAP innovations into solutions, we are developing an integrated and blended enablement program for key- and end-user audiences.
The portfolio emphasizes enablement offerings that are embedded in the SAP S/4HANA software and available in SAP Learning Hub. We designed the enablement portfolio to offer three types of tutorials, to offer the best learning experience:
For end users:
- Task Tutorials
- Getting Started Tutorials: Working with the Launchpad, Working with the SAP Learning Hub
For key users:
- Getting Started Tutorials
- Implementation & Configuration Tutorials
- Task Tutorials
New Delta Learning Maps for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1702
We are proud to announce learning support for the release of SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1702, the latest enhancement to SAP’s next-generation ERP business suite in the cloud. Learning content for this release is available in the professional edition of SAP Learning Hub. The following delta learning maps (learning maps from the Early Knowledge Transfer program) are now available to prepare you for your upcoming SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1702 projects. For direct access to the learning maps, please log into SAP Learning Hub first:
- SAP S/4HANA Enterprise Management Cloud
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Project Team Onboarding
- SAP S/4HANA Finance Cloud
- SAP S/4HANA Professional Services Cloud
- SAP S/4HANA Sourcing and Procurement Cloud
- SAP Hybris Marketing Cloud for Use by Consultants
Before accessing these learning maps, please keep in mind that SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1702 learning maps concentrate on delta knowledge of release 1702 and require prerequisite knowledge of SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1611.
Updated SAP S/4HANA 1610 FPS01 Learning Maps
The learning maps for SAP S/4HANA 1610 FPS01 have been updated and are available in the professional edition of SAP Learning Hub. For direct access to the learning maps, please log into SAP Learning Hub first:
- SAP S/4HANA Overview: Learning Map for Scope and Innovation Highlights
- SAP S/4HANA Finance: Learning Map for Financial Accounting and SAP S/4HANA for Central Finance; Learning Map for SAP S/4HANA Finance Localizations; Learning Map for EPM Business Planning and Consolidation; Learning Map for Treasury and Risk Management
- SAP S/4HANA Line-of-Business (LoB) Solutions: Learning Map for Environment, Health, and Safety Services
- SAP S/4HANA Industry Solutions: Learning Map for Public Sector Management
You can use the following search term in the catalog search for SAP Learning Hub to display all delta learning maps and Early Knowledge Transfer titles that are available for SAP S/4HANA 1610: ekt_s4hana1610.
SAP Learning Rooms: Live Events
Throughout April, SAP experts are preparing several events for you in SAP Learning Rooms. Here is a selection of upcoming events:
- SAP Learning Hub Navigation Tips and Tricks: Welcome Room, April 11, 13:00 p.m (EST) or 19:00-20:00 p.m. (CET) or on April 25, 10:00 a.m. (CET) – This session shows how to navigate within SAP Learning Hub to find courses and content and how to access and collaborate within SAP Learning Rooms.
- Live Session on the Learning Journey for the SAP Activate Methodology Curriculum: SAP Activate Learning Room for SAP S/4HANA, April 25, 5:00 p.m.–5:30 p.m. (CET) – This covers information on the current course offerings and provides insight into the road map for SAP Activate courses in 2017
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Onboarding Foundations Academy Live Sessions: SAP S/4HANA Cloud Implementation Learning Room, April 17–21, 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. (EST) – This provides a selection of topics to simulate the decisions needed and actions taken during a real implementation of SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Featured Certification with the Student Edition
The next blog in the “What’s It Worth?” series is now available in the “Student Corner” (To view this blog, you must be a member of the Student Corner and currently logged into SAP Learning Hub, student edition).
This is a blog series intended shed some light on the practical value of SAP certifications. The format is informal and anecdotal in order to bring some of these topics down-to-earth for our student edition learners. The focus of this month’s blog is based on information compiled by a colleague who wanted to get a better idea of what a person certified as SAP certified application associate, production planning and manufacturing, actually does in the real world.
“What’s It Worth?” is exclusively available in the “Student Corner” learning room (for subscribers of SAP Learning Hub, student edition). We hope it is informative. Please leave your feedback in the comments section!
Renaming of Two SAP Learning Rooms
The following SAP Learning Rooms have been renamed in the professional edition of SAP Learning Hub:
- SAP HANA Administration and Operations Learning Room renamed to SAP HANA Installation and Operations Learning Room
- SAP BW powered by SAP HANA Learning Room renamed to SAP BW powered by SAP HANA and SAP BW/4HANA Learning Room
You can find both SAP Learning Rooms by their new names in the catalog search.
New openSAP Platform Courses
Three new massive open online courses, or MOOCs, for openSAP – with brand-new topics – have just opened for enrollment. Each course lets you complete hands-on exercises or participate in group work (links accessible if you are logged into SAP Learning Hub):
- Building Portal Sites on SAP Cloud Platform – The course starts on April 25, but enrollment is open now.
- Spatial Analysis with SAP HANA Platform – The course starts on April 25, but enrollment is open now.
- Designing Business Models for the Digital Economy – The course starts on April 26, but enrollment is open now.
Invitation to SAP Education Forum
We would like to invite you to SAP Education Forum Walldorf on May 30, 2017, under the motto “Trends und Erfahrungsaustausch im Corporate Learning” (Trends and Exchange of Experience in Corporate Learning).
As last year, SAP Education Forum offers the opportunity to exchange ideas with SAP users, experts, and interested parties for SAP training and software. This year, we plan exciting lectures, interactive world cafes on new topics, and a directional keynote. You can check out this year’s agenda here or look at the highlights from the last year here to get inspired!
The event is free of charge; however, please keep in mind that it is a German-language event and the number of participants is limited.
Sign up today and look forward to this exchange with experts in the SAP Education organization!
New Training Systems Available on SAP Live Access
Gain more hands-on practice opportunities than ever before with SAP software. Several new SAP S/4HANA and other live systems have been added during March to the training system portfolio of the SAP Live Access portal. The additions include:
- SAP S/4HANA Embedded Analytics and Modeling Basics with Core Data Services (CDS Views)
- Business Processes in Financial Accounting in SAP S/4HANA
- Cost Center and Internal Order Accounting in SAP S/4HANA
- Asset Accounting in SAP S/4HANA
- User Experience Fundamentals and Best Practices
- Organizational Flexibility – HCM/FI/CO
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Administration
- SAP Jam Administration
- Many more
You can access the entire catalog for SAP Live Access here! Check out the live systems now to practice and expand your skills using SAP solutions.
SAP Live Access: Guidance and Support Improvements
Recently, we made some improvements regarding user guidance and support. When logging into the SAP Live Access portal, you will now see a “Quick Start” pop-up that provides the key steps on how to use our portal. There you’ll find short nuggets of information about how to deploy, resume, access, and suspend your system. Besides that, we added a link to the Help Center to the portal menu, which directly shows FAQs specific to SAP Live Access.