#askSAP Community Call Wrap Up: Journey to the Cloud: SAP Strategy and Roadmap for Cloud and Hybrid Analytics Scenarios
The SAP Analytics team held its first #askSAP Community Call of the quarter, Journey to the Cloud: SAP Strategy and Roadmap for Cloud and Hybrid Analytics Scenarios, on March 16th. The live and interactive call focused on SAP’s leading cloud innovations that can form a significant part in your analytics strategy. (Watch the replay.)
Expert Insights and Overviews
Timo Elliott, Innovation Evangelist, SAP, served as moderator, setting the table for our panelists with his observations. Joining Timo on the call to share their insights and experience were:
- Mike Flannagan, Senior Vice President of Analytics, providing a comprehensive overview on SAP’s overall analytics strategy through an industry perspective, from Innovate the Core to Lead the Cloud. He also provided an update on Bi-Model IT and explained the ever-going challenge between running and differentiating your business. Mike also shared SAP’s continued commitment to develop its core BI products as you begin to think about adopting to Cloud technology.
- Christian Frank, Head of Innovation Service at Aesculap (a division of the global operating healthcare company B. Braun Melsungen AG), sharing why his company has been enabling digital business using SAP HANA Cloud Platform and SAP BusinessObjects Cloud. Christian shared a compelling live demo of SAP BusinessObjects Cloud providing real-time information from geographically disbursed locations, replacing a manual inventory process previously driven by Excel and delayed until information could be compiled, reported, and distributed. By focusing on data driven services, his organization developed new, innovative services for its customers.
- Ty Miller, Vice President of Product Management for SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, delivering insight into future releases and new innovations with SAP BusinessObjects Cloud. He wrapped up discussing and demoing connecting to multiple applications and data sources, showcasing the product’s analytics capabilities.
- Adrian Westmoreland, Product Management for SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, outlining the practical aspects of combining Cloud technology with your organization’s existing analytics infrastructure. He provided valuable information on how to leverage your on-premise data sources with SAP BusinessObjects Cloud solutions, further extending the value of your current BI investment.
What Did We Learn from the Audience?
During the call, we had a couple of poll questions that provided us with insight on two topics:
- Where is your organization in your cloud analytics journey? Here we found that cloud continues to gain more traction and acceptance with the Analytics market. Over 35% of the voters indicated that they are either currently hybrid with some data and analytics in cloud or are planning to move in the next 3-6 months. Moreover, 40% of attendees have cloud analytics on their radar, currently looking at it as a longer-term strategy,
- Which areas of innovation that SAP featured on this call are you most interested in hearing more about? The poll results revealed strong interest in a variety of areas including: machine learning, innovations for SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise, customer stories, data modelling, and connectivity.
Accelerate Your Journey to the Cloud Today!
Missed the call? No worries! You can view the replay, download the slides, and take part in the ongoing discussion on Twitter at #askSAP. Here are some key links to help you move forward on your journey to the cloud with SAP:
- Watch the replay, or see the presentation slides. The full Q&A is also available.
- Try SAP BusinessObjects Cloud for free today
- Find out more about SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- Take the analytics strategy assessment
- Read the Forrester research report on the ROI of Analytics
- View other #askSAP replays http://www.sap.com/asksap
Have Existing SAP BusinessObjects BI Software and Interested in the Cloud?
Ask your SAP representative today about active promotions that make it attractive to get started with SAP BusinessObjects Cloud now.
Mark Your Calendar . . .
Join us on our next #askSAP Community Call on June 15th – topics to be announced soon!