Task: Create a Custom Field at a standard Business Object.
Example: To calculate a product related bonus, the standard business object “Product” gets custom fields for Bonus Validity Period.
To be able to adapt the UI of the Manage Product Master Data application your user needs business catalog SAP_CMD_BC_PR_MAINT_PC.
Step 1: Creating and Enabling UI Usage of a Custom Field
1. Open the “Custom Fields and Logic” application
2. Execute the create action.
3. In the opening popup maintain following data:
- Choose Business Context “Product Master General”
- Enter Label “Bonus Validity Period Start”
- As the editable prefilled Identifier part (“BonusValidityPerio”) would not be understandable with regard to the Period End, change it to “BonusValidityStart”
- Choose Type “Date”
4. Execute “Create and Edit” Action.
5. Go to “UIs and Reports”
6. “Enable Usage” for UI “Product Basic Data”
7. Save the change.
8. Publish the field.
This creates the persistence of the field and makes it available in adaptation mode of the chosen UI.
Step 2: Creating a 2nd Field
Repeat Steps 1 and 2 for a second Custom Field “Bonus Validity Period End”.
Step 3: Adapting the UI
1. Open the Manage Product Master Data application
2. Execute GO action to get the list of products.
3. Enter Detail screen of a product that is used in a bonus relevant sales order.
4. Open user settings via the corresponding application’s menu action
5. Open the adaptation mode.
6. Hover over “Bonus Data” area until it gets another background color, then right click and click “Add Field”
9. In the opening list of available fields search for “Bonus Validity Period Start” and “Bonus Validity Period End”, mark both and execute the “OK” action.
10. Publish the UI changes.
11. Exit Adaptation Mode.
Step 4: Testing/ Maintaining Custom Field Data
1. As still in the details of a product that shall become bonus relevant, start the Edit mode by executing the edit action
2. Enter following data in the Bonus Data group
|field name||field value|
|Bonus Validity Period Start||01/01/1900|
|Bonus Validity Period End||31/12/9999|
3. Save the product