Bye Bye Quirks
It’s time to make a change.
For Enterprise Portal 7.50, we highly recommend that you change your framework page to one of the following:
- Ajax Framework Page standards mode (AFP Standards)
- Fiori Framework Page (FLP@EP)
- Custom Standards based framework page
Be aware that all non-standards based framework pages are deprecated, refer to SAP Note 2447267 – Deprecated Features in SAP Enterprise Portal.
The following UI technologies used in the portal now support standard modes:
- Web Dynpro (ABAP and JAVA)
For more information, please refer to the PAM under the section “Standards Mode Support“.
The recommendation to switch to a standards based framework page is for the following reasons:
- Avoiding the need to open a new window for each application while using Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE 11) and to ensure all applications run seamlessly within the same framework page.
- From NW 7.52 ABAP, all SAP UI Technologies will only support standards mode. For more information, refer to SAP Note 1672817 – Browser: Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer Support Policy Note.
To set your framework page to AFP Standards, you can find more information in:
AFP Standards mode blog
For more information on how to set the Fiori Framework Page, see
Enabling SAP Fiori Launchpad on Portal.
When switching to standards based framework page make sure you change the configuration of your standards based applications so they will open in place.
To do so, you need to configure your standards based iViews as follows:
- Set the “Launch in New Window” property of the iView to “Display in portal content area”.
It is still possible to run quirks-based applications in the portal while using standards based framework page
To do so, you need to configure your quirks-based iViews as follows:
- Set the “Launch in New Window” property of the iView to “Display in separate headerless portal window”
- If the iView is an Applicatoin Integratoin (AI) iView, you need to add “sap-ie=EmulateIE8” to Application Parameters:
Hope you find this helpful