SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS – by the SAP HANA Academy
If you had signed up to receive communications from Apple Developer, you would have found an announcement in your Inbox this morning about the SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS:
With this SDK, you can build (or extend) iOS apps that connect to the SAP Cloud Platform and the back-end data of your enterprise.
The SDK is built on Swift, Apple’s programming language that’s available as open source. If you are new to Swift, see https://developer.apple.com/swift/.
To get started, there is a 1-2-3 on the SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS website.
- Learn about it
- Download and get started (see below)
- Explore the tutorials
Installing the SDK is easy. Just go to the SAP Store to download.
To install, unzip and open the disk image [SAP-CP-SDK-for-iOS.dmg] and drag into Applications.
The SDK is about 670 MB. In the package we find a local version of the documentation (the same as can be found online on the SAP Help Portal: SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS).
The five frameworks:
For more information about the frameworks, see
- SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS Assistant
The SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS Assistant helps you to get started and setup the connections to the SAP Cloud Platform mobile services.
This is Step 2 in the Getting Started Guide.
Finally, the Assistant helps you setup the parameters for your Xcode project as documented in the guide.
This video from Andreas Schlosser covers the first steps installing and using the SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS.
See also his release blog:
To help you get started, SAP Education offers three new trainings in the SAP Academy for iOS curriculum
- FFA100 – Introduction to Swift – 2 days, scheduled starting May 2017
- FFA200 – Introduction to the iOS SDK – 3 days, May 2017
- FFA330 – Native Mobile App Development with SAP Fiori for iOS – 5 days, June 2017
The openSAP training from November 2016 is also still available:
Plus you can find find some excellent tutorials on the SAP Developer website:
- SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS: https://developer.apple.com/sap/
- Swift Resources: https://developer.apple.com/swift/resources/
- Swift.org: https://swift.org
- SAP Academy for iOS: https://training.sap.com/g/en/curriculum/ios-sap-academy-for-ios-g-en
SAP Help Portal:
- The insides to the SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS
- Developer Tools for iOS Apps
- My First SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS Mobile App in Less Than 10 Minutes
SAP Cloud Platform
- iOS Apps for Enterprise Mobility – SAP: http://discover.sap.com/apple/en-us/design-ios.html
- SAP Cloud Platform SDI for iOS – SCP: https://cloudplatform.sap.com/capabilities/mobile/ios-sdk.html
Thank you for watching
The SAP HANA Academy provides free online video tutorials for the developers, consultants, partners and customers of SAP HANA.
Topics range from practical how-to instructions on administration, data loading and modeling, and integration with other SAP solutions, to more conceptual projects to help build out new solutions using mobile applications or predictive analysis.
For the full library, see SAP HANA Academy Library – by the SAP HANA Academy
For the full list of blogs, see Blog Posts – by the SAP HANA Academy