New SP09 for SAP Disclosure Management 10.1 Brings You Custom Parameters, More Fiori and Even More E-Bilanz
Service Pack 09 of SAP Disclosure Management 10.1 has been released on 28 March 2017.
These scenarios benefit from this latest release:
- Core SAP Disclosure Management functionalities
- EU XBRL Filings
- US SEC Filings
- E-Bilanz Tax Filings
The following SAP Notes will provide more details:
Learn about new features and capabilities in the following.
For each Chapter and Report you can now use generic Custom Parameters. They enable you to give Reports or Chapters customer-individual properties accessible from either the “Configuration” tab of a Report/Chapter or via DM’s public API (read access).
To make this feature available for a report and its chapters, upload the new “Custom Parameters” plugin and add it to the output formats of the according Report Type.
A set of 5 Custom Parameters will become available for editing on the “Configuration” tab of all Reports of this Report Type and their included Chapters. Just enter strings for each Custom Parameter’s name, description and value.
The Custom Parameters of a Chapter can be exported as a Microsoft Excel Workbook by using the ad-hoc action “Custom Parameters” on a Chapter’s “General” tab. The same can be done for all Chapters of a Report and the Report at once if the the ad-hoc action is used from the Report’s “General” tab.
Hyphenation Support for PDFs
Whenever you create PDFs with the help of SAP Disclosure Management, be it by using PDF as an output format or via PDF previews of Word content, hyphenation is now supported.
If automatic or optional hyphenation is turned on in Microsoft Word and you want to see the same hyphenations in your PDFs, just provide DM and Microsoft Word with the same dictionary and you will show equal word separations.
Workflow Audit App
The Workflow Audit app allows users with the relevant permissions to see a history of all workflow activities for a Report and its Chapters at a glance.
Filter and sort by Report/Chapter, date and time (including time range), users and comments (e. g. filter for a certain Workflow step) to get an answer to questions like these:
- How often did we have to reject chapters of our last Report until it was finished?
- Was the status tracking applied thoroughly by all colleagues working on our Report?
- How many chapters of our current 15 XBRL Reports are still in process? Are there entities that need our particular support to meet the deadline?
The Workflow Actions shown in the list are depending on the permissions of the viewing user: If a user has access to the history information of a chapter or report, they will see the respective entries in the Workflow Audit app likewise.
Enhanced Audit Trail Report
The Audit Trail Report, so far providing you with information about who did what and when in Administration, has been enhanced to include actions related to DM content, namely:
- Any changes to the definition of a workflow – adding a step, removing conditions, etc.
- Any changes to the definition of a period
- Roll-Forward of a period
- Any changes to the definition of a report
- Copying of a Report
- Content Refreshes
- Download of a Chapter Revision
Fiori Authorization Concept
Access to apps in SAP Disclosure Management Launchpad is now controlled via Business Roles. Each Business Role bears one app. Users can be assigned to a Business Role. If they are, they see the app and can launch it.
If and what they can do with an app depends on further permissions based on the SAP Disclosure Management Role and Permission concept. Hence, what users are allowed to do in an app is consistent with what users are allowed to do in the rest of the product.
An new App called “Business Role Assignment” allows to grant or revoke users access to apps via Business Roles.
E-Bilanz with Helpful Additional Warnings (“ERiC Hinweise”)
- Messages of type “ERiC Hinweis” are shown as warnings.
- The user is informed via the Action Log if messages of type “ERiC Hinweis” are returned from the regulator’s component ELSTER Rich Client (ERiC) during validation.
An All-new Application Server Setup
The setup wizard for DM SERVER – APPLICATION SERVER 10.1 has been completely revised for DM Stack 900. The benefits:
- Installation and update:
- Installation and update processing time has been improved from about 15 to about 3 minutes.
- An animated progress bar gives a better impression of the setup progress.
- During an update, database authentication settings are taken over from existing configuration files.
- The database connection can now be changed during an update.
- Existing databases are now selectable via drop-down box.
- Connection check to selected database has been implemented.
- Authentication method for SAP Disclosure Management at runtime has been reduced to only “Database Authentication” method (removed: “Windows Authentication” method).
- At the end of an installation, the user is informed about the logon credentials for the default user “admin”.
- Console pop-up windows have been removed.
- Uninstallation process is much faster as well.
- The clean-up of the installation location, the Windows Registry and Microsoft IIS has been improved.
- Silent installation/update:
- Less complex command line parameters are now existing.
- Less parameters are required.
- Parameter help has been implemented (e.g. parameters can by copied from help dialog window to command line).
- Even in silent installation, a confirmation that you have created a manual backup of your data is required. Use the new parameter “DB_BACKUP_DONE” for this purpose.
- Silent updates now check if the intended update path is allowed. If not, an update is not performed.
- Logs and further information:
- A better readable and more detailed log is displayed during the installation process.
- The final log can be displayed via Microsoft Notepad.
- Warnings and info messages have been improved.
- Release Note and Installation Note are accessible via links at the end of the installation process.
Transport without MS DTC
It is no longer required to enable Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator Service (MS DTC) in your landscape. Especially the Transport/Import capability and the US SEC taxonomy import of DM do not require MS DTC anymore.
E-Bilanz Preview With Compact Labels
The preview now uses shorter labels offered by the taxonomy (so called “terse60 labels”) which results in a more compact presentation.
E-Bilanz Preview Allows Hiding of Empty Rows in Dimensional Tables
It is now possible to hide empty rows even in dimensional tables like “Anlagenspiegel”.
Improved Messages in the E-Bilanz Scenario
We did a few things to simplify your work with messages occuring during your E-Bilanz filing preparations.
Messages related to shareholder tuples now show just the human-readable labels instead of complex technical names.
Messages related to invalid values regarding a parent position in calculation hierarchy are now handled by only showing the label instead of namespaces with technical names.
Structural issues related to invalid/missing values or formatting are now handled more accurately. Example: Messages regarding the Share Divide Key of shareholders are now showing the related position.
Manual Upload File Size Enhanced
The maximum size for a manual upload of chapter content has been increased from 100 MB to 200 MB. This enables you to bring the largest existing XBRL taxonomies into DM via manual upload.
Remember that for even larger files you can use the DM Batch Upload Client or the push capability.
SP09 serves you in fulfilling legal obligations as described in the following.
E-Bilanz 6.0 Support
DM Stack 900 introduces several enhancement to support E-Bilanz tax filings based on taxonomy 6.0:
- The SAP Query for ‘Anlagenspiegel’ was added to the data import query selection tab (unchecked by default).
- Accordingly, there are new parameter input fields on the parameter input tab if the query is selected. Note that parameter “Buchungskreis” is called “Buchungskreis (Anlagenspiegel)”.
- The new report element “Anlagenspiegel (brutto)” can now be previewed.
SAP E-Bilanz Templates for Taxonomy 6.0
The technical content of SAP Excel templates for E-Bilanz included in DM Stack 09 consists of a set of 7 Excel templates representing the new taxonomy 6.0:
1- SAP E-Bilanz template for Core taxonomy
2- SAP E-Bilanz template for Core MicroBilG taxonomy
3- SAP E-Bilanz template for Bank taxonomy
4- SAP E-Bilanz template for Payment Institutions taxonomy
5- SAP E-Bilanz template for Insurance taxonomy
6- SAP E-Bilanz template for Branches taxonomy
7- SAP E-Bilanz template for Branches MicroBilG taxonomy
All templates can be used with both, SAP Disclosure Management 10.1 and SAP ERP client for E-Bilanz 1.0.
Compared to their taxonomy 5.4 predecessors, the taxonomy 6.0 templates include these additions/improvements:
- Improved “Stammdaten” sheet (formulas and presentation)
- New position “Geschäftstätigkeit” [genInfo.company.id.business]
- Updated list of legal forms
- Data validation for 13-digit tax number (ST13) and 4-digit federal tax office identification number (BF4)
- New worksheet “Anlagenspiegel”
- corresponding entry in “Berichtsbestandteile” on “Stammdaten” worksheet
- corresponding data import worksheet “BD7”
- Report element “Steuerliche Gewinnermittlung für Personenhandelsgesellschaften” was renamed to “Steuerliche Gewinnermittlung bei Feststellungsverfahren”.
E-Bilanz Now With ERiC 25
The regulator of the German E-Bilanz tax filings has issued a new version of its component for the validation and submission of the according XBRL filings, ELSTER Rich Client (ERiC).
SAP Disclosure Management now includes version 22.214.171.124 which enables customers to validate and submit
- test and productive filings for the new taxonomy version 6.0
- test and productive filings for all previous taxonomies.
In addition, SAP Disclosure Management supports the new taxonomy validity date checks.
EFM 39 Validation With Fujitsu Taxonomy Editor & Instance Creator
DM Stack 900 includes a new version of INTERST. XWAND TAX ED&IN CR 13 which supports the validation of US SEC XBRL filings according to the new EDGAR Filer Manual version 39 using Fujitsu Taxonomy Editor & Instance Creator.
© 2017 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.
No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or for any purpose without the express permission of SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. Please seehttp://global12.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx for additional trademark information and notices. Some software products marketed by SAP SE and its distributors contain proprietary software components of other software vendors. National product specifications may vary. These materials are provided by SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company for informational purposes only, without representation or warranty of any kind, and SAP SE or its affiliated companies shall not be liable for errors or omissions with respect to the materials. The only warranties for SAP SE or SAP affiliate company products and services are those that are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services, if any. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. In particular, SAP SE or its affiliated companies have no obligation to pursue any course of business outlined in this document or any related presentation, or to develop or release any functionality mentioned therein. This document, or any related presentation, and SAP SE’s or its affiliated companies’ strategy and possible future developments, products, and/or platform directions and functionality are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP SE or its affiliated companies at any time for any reason without notice. The information in this document is not a commitment, promise, or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates, and they should not berelied upon in making purchasing decisions.
Added "Enhanced Audit Trail Report".