Google AdWords is an online advertising service developed by Google. It allows to display advertising with search results (paid search or Search Network), display banners (Display Network), video campaigns and more.
SAP Hybris Marketing Cloud offers an integration to Google AdWords supporting these scenarios:
- Creating an user list on Google AdWords: User lists can be used to target some contacts specifically (e.g. with higher bids) in the various campaigns on Google AdWords.
Use case: We know that subscribers of newsletters or loyalty card holders have a higher affinity to the company’s products than random visitors. Therefore placing a higher bid for them in the search network will show the company’s ads more likely with the search result. This brings the loyalty card holders more likely to the company’s web page and web shop.
- Creating a campaign (and an ad group and an ad) for Search Network on Google AdWords. Here we create raw ad information on Google AdWords. The marketer (or the agency) then can finetune and start the campaign on Google AdWords. SAP Hybris Marketing Cloud fetches the success information and makes it available for success reporting.
- Linking an existing Google AdWords (Search Network) campaign. After linking the Google AdWords campaign to one campaign on SAP Hybris Marketing we fetch the success data.
Use case: Many customers have marketing agencies that manage digital campaigns. To tie back the campaign success data along with platform costs SAP Hybris Marketing just links to the Google AdWords campaign. With this success data can be compared cross campaigns and cross campaign types as well as actual cost data can be run against spend budget. This feature allows to continue the working model between the marketing department and the marketing agency yet giving the marketing department more transparency.
Do you work with agencies? No problem, this integration supports you and your agency to do the work even better.
- Your marketing agency can target people even more specifically by using the user lists. The user lists are loaded by your marketing department, there is no need to send your most valuable customer lists unhashed to anybody outside your company. The user lists are automatically updated based on your schedule setting.
- You get the success data of the campaigns and can compare actuals vs planned.
How to use it
The Google Adwords integration can be found in the campaign. When you create a campaign, select the “Paid Search” tile. In the campaign flow you can select whether to create or assign a Google Adwords campaign.
Creating or assigning campaigns currently supports Search Network campaigns only.
For either scenarios you can add an audience / a target group which then is replicated as a user list to Google Adwords.
To create a user list on Google AdWords it is necessary to do it via a campaign, however it isnt necessary to activate or use the particular campaign on Google AdWords side. The user list can be used where ever needed in Google Adwords.
Both scenarios fetch success data from Google Adwords.
- the customer needs to have a Google AdWords account
- the customer needs to have or license an own HCI tenant
- to install the app for Google AdWords integration. See SAP Developer Hub SAP Hybris Marketing Google AdWords Paid Search Integration.
- to configure and store Google AdWords Access token from their AdWords MCC account
Architecture of integration
On SAP Hybris Marketing Cloud the integration scenario SAP_COM_0030 describes the setup in more detail.